Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen ballistics figures on the M16A2 that seem to indicate that if you zero-in on 25 yards then the trajectory would also make the bullet also zero-in on a target 262 yards away. This is with a 20" barrel.

Are there any ballistics statistics on the SU-16 similar to the above? Or has anybody done their own testing?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The SU won't have similiar line-of-sight zeroing characteristics of an AR, because the sights are much closer to the bore.
I simply zero mine at 100 yards, and believe that provides a pretty decent "Battlesight Zero" out to about 300.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
The ballistics aren't determined exclusively by the gun... the cartidge itself has far more to do with it. The 25m - 300m zero crossings from a 20" AR are predicated on a NATO M193 load using a 55gr FMJBT bullet. I'm not sure where you got your figures but that is the standard military battlefield zero... in meters. In yards it would translate to zero crossings at 27yd and 328 yds

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure where you got your figure
I got them from the Maryland AR15 web site. http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite. By quoting them I was hoping to get feedback from other shooters as to what the SU-16's ballistics really were.

I would think that Kel-Tec would have figures they could publish, as a service to its rapidly growing base of customer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.