Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the worst looking barrel I have ever see that wasn't literally shot out. This one is a brand spanking new factory Kel-Tec P3AT barrel.

I posted this and more over at KTOG.org.
I buddy suggested that maybe they handpicked the worst example they could find to punish me for modifying the feedramp on my original. I don't want to think that. So what do you think?

This subject should get me some PM's from the Kel-Tec factory lurkers here....... I still cannot beleive they let this barrel leave the factory. I want a new one and I don't want to have to send mine in first to get it replaced.

I like, with this one exception, my HC upgraded P3AT and will carry it with confidence but, they really need to fix this. If I don't get any response from the factory people here I will be on the phone A.S.A.P.!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Rather than waiting for them to find this post, I'd go ahead and call the 800-number tomorrow. It does look like a replacement is in order. I'm confident they will respond appropriately to your call to customer service.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont know, maybe a few thousand rounds of fire lapping bullets might just do the trick.

Or call the factory.

Dang thats ugly!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
barrel

you know, it doesn't do any good to yell out the window, especially from missouri. why don't you just pick up the phone and give them a call. they even have a toll free # 800 515 9983. now isn't that easy? 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, that sure ain't a model example of quality craftsmanship.
Still, best just give them a call, maybe even talk with Marty about it and have him pick you a good 'un.
Flyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, heh, heh, heh!
I do plan to call tomorrow. I have been up to my butt lately in , well we ain't got alligators in Missouri so insert suitable replacement.
I just tonight got my camera back from a loan out.

I've been meaning to call all week and just haven't gotten around to it. I tried today bit I was too late. I am off tomorrow so I will call tomorrow. I know they will make it right It just perturbs me that they sent it out like this in the first place.

The funny part is it works. Its not as accurate as it could be, but it works. In fact that is one of the things that impressed me about the original barrel was how danged accurate it was.

It has just been one of those weeks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't suppose it could be an experimental barrel with internal threading for, oh say, a silencer or maybe a grenade launcher?

(sorry, just being silly.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
This brings up a question in my mind, how much does rifling matter in such a short barrel? Is there really enough material to spin a bullet anyways?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rectangular bullets

The rifling looks like it would work good with the new RECTANGULAR snake shot bullets. :lol: That way the shot doesn't spread apart as quick as a rifled barrel. But honestly, this is one of the best gun makers for customer service. I hope that you just give them a call. They have always been great to me, whenever I had a question or problem.

Thom
8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
This brings up a question in my mind, how much does rifling matter in such a short barrel? Is there really enough material to spin a bullet anyways?
It's absolutely crucial, as with any rifled firearm.
From such a short barrel, without rifling you'd be hard-pressed to get 15-inch groups at ten yards.
Flyer

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called KT today and ended up speaking with Marty rather quickly. The fella that answered the phone said Marty wanted to speak to me about it. I said I was a little disappointed that this barrel had been allowed to leave the factory. Marty agreed.
The short version is a new replacement barrel is on it way to me.

Kel-Tec has great customer service. A little tweaking on the Q.C. end and they will be the next big thing. Well alright, the next bigger thing. They are already the next big thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts