Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the first 12 shots out of the new slide and barrel. 6 at 5 yards, 6 at 10 yards. Grouping is impressive at 5 yards, widens, expectedly, at 10 yards... but everything's on the paper. I had a lot of difficulty just HITTING the paper with the old slide/barrel Thanks!! No malfs during the first 50 rounds through it and the thing was tossing brass 15' over my head and 20' to the rear.

(I told ya I was a better shot than what I was experiencing with the old slide/barrel.)

For some better shooting, see the rest of my afternoon with an old friend:
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1331

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
new what??

midi,
is your new slide and barrel a new design?? Is the new barrel one with an 'anti-smiley' ramp??
og.....curious why you got better groups and better ejection

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: new what??

oldgranpa said:
midi,
is your new slide and barrel a new design?? Is the new barrel one with an 'anti-smiley' ramp??
og.....curious why you got better groups and better ejection
I can't see anything different in the design, I did a ramp mod on it before firing the first time. The only difference I noticed when I got the new slide was that the barrel was difficult to get out of the slide compared to my original. The barrel hood hit the lug at the base of the breech face necessitating a slight twist to the side to remove. My old one just dropped straight in and out.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
fantastic goldmine waiting

I read and post on a bunch of firearms sites. The vast majority of us are looking for a dependable pocket pistol with enough firepower. Nobody, I mean nobody, can beat the size, price, and weight of the Kel Tec P3AT with it's firepower. Nobody in their right mind believes in "one-shot-stops" anyway, so a mag full of .380's is optimum in a true pocket pistol. Just empty that COM and you will have a "stop".
And nobody in the Kel Tec price and weight class has a slide stop either. Everybody I talk with has that high on the list. You have to go up to the $600+ range and 9mm to get a slide stop in a pocket size pistol which is still bigger and heavier than the P3AT. Sure, the P11 has a slide stop but is bigger and no lighter than what I'm refering to. The P3AT has a much, much better trigger than the P11 too. And going to .32cal to get a slide stop is not the answer with rimlock and poor penetration ammo.
The P3AT is the best handgun Kel Tec makes in my judgement.
If Kel Tec did their homework and marketing analysis they might realize a P3ATa with a slide stop would be a big seller. And part of the new model could include the anti-smiley barrel that most of us here have proven works. Only a small increase in weight and maybe thickness, it will still fit the pocket.
How many KTRangers are there? That could easily guarantee the first sales.
Sorry, just dreaming I guess.
og

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
but......

but an anti-smiley barrel is. and while at it add the slide stop.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A slide stop would be really nice in my opinion. I'd also like the smiley free barrel.

While some people like to carry ball ammo in a .380, I prefer hollowpoints, and I'd rather not have the point of the bullet smashed by the feed ramp before it gets fired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts