Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure of the maximum velocity, but the range is advertised at up to 100 yards.

In the hands of a skillful shooter -- and with a piece of 000 buckshot -- could be an effective device...

My guess is that it will be the next item on the dreaded "assault weapon" list....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ahem...
Yep, I've got several... even one that uses little pulleys on extended forks like a crossbow!
I'll admit, though, the ones I have the most fun with are the one I made myself out of a Y-shaped branch and bicycle innertubes... growing up in KY it was the essential "Concealed Carry"!
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've got a bag full of my grandpa's clay marbles... I guard 'em like they were diamonds!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
My grandfather made many fine slingshots that were real works of art. He never missed when taking small game with them. Of course back then even small kids were good shots because everybody had one. It's not as easy to master as a newbie might think and has frustrated many "survivalists."

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I took it as an early sign of the impending Apocalypse when the slingshots disappeared from the back pockets of Big Boy statues all over my region. Actually boycotted Frisch's (local BB franchisee) for a time after that, in protest! Had already noticed this nasty trend a few years before that when Dennis the Menace was similarly disarmed.. :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Brian D
You had to remind me that it's an hour and a half ride to the nearest Big Boy. At least there's a Stuckey's along the way.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh oh....

I see the White Castle / Krystal's drivel starting all over again....

Nothing like a bag full of "sliders" or "gut bombs" to cause a sleepless night... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
A thread is never wasted when it turns into a discussion about food.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I had several slingshots when I was a kid. I hit many a bird and squirrel with them. It does take time, practice and patience to become proficient with a slingshot.
Flung out of the y was, marble, rocks, ice(ice does hurt), rubber balls out of the gumball machines, hot wheels cars, sticks, pennies, ball bearings, bb's and tons more things. I even tried to fling a piece of pizza once

Now I may have to go and get another slingshot soon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Keys,

I live only a few blocks from one of the original Bob's here in SoCal. I was raised on Big Boys. My mom went to high school with Bob Wyan, who started Bob's, and we used to visit him all the time.

Want me to fed-ex you one? Maybe not, it would get soggy. Still the best hamburger ever made.

CA

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still the best hamburger ever made.
I dunno....

Keys,

Have you ever had the bacon cheeseburger at Hobo's in Key Largo? It is a "must do" if you've never tried it....that along with their onion loaf.

Man, I'm getting hungry!

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I'll check out Hobo's next time I'm down that way. We have a chain called Cheeburger Cheeburger around here that is pretty good - even serves a one pound burger if you're crazy enough to order it. I haven't.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Note to all you sling shotters out there. This site liquidates stuff from TV shopping channels that didn't sell. They have a knock off of a wrist rocket for $3. Also a lot of airsoft stuff. Might be worth a look if you're on that trip.

tvshoppingsurplus.com

CA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts