Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to order the Wolff springs for my P11. What lb is the stock spring and what lb should I be ordering, assuming that the majority of my shooting with the P11 is 115gr ball and 124gr standard and +p rounds. Also, when I order this recoil spring from Wolff does it also come with a firing pin spring? I read the Wolff web site and Yzguy's and they are both a little confusing. (plus it's late and i'm tired!). Also, is the firing pin spring hard to install....thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the 18 lb wolff spring.

I installed the Extra power FP spring, but if you do, I would also recomend smoothing the FP and FP set screw, and performing a function check looking for light strikes after you install it.

not to hard:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
16 lbs. from the factory. Don't go by me - I'm using 20 lb. now, but I like it that way. All I shoot is Win 115 and Gold Dot 124 +P. Go to http://www.gunsprings.com and all the information is there.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh, also which page and what part did you find confusing?? (not being harsh, just trying to better the site for the future reader) what info specifically were you looking for that you did not see or understand??

Any specific wordings you would add?? (I never claimed to be a writer!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was having a hard time understanding the charts. However it became a little clearer when I realized that you could open up the windows with the rounds side by side and read the captions. The abbreviated results chart was also a little confusing. It also took a second reading for me to realize that the springs come as "sets" with the Firing Pin spring and Recoil Spring together. It was late when I first looked over your site and I was extremely tired. It seems a little clearer now however, it has taken me a few readings to get everything together. It is a great site YZ and I do appreciate the information.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went ahead an ordered the recoil calibration pack. I figured that would give me a few FP springs and I could play around with the recoil springs to see which is the best for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh, you meant the drop test resutls stuff....

yeah, I was trying to put the info into a small table and had to make up some abbreviations. I could not think of a better way to do it.... then the table just grew....

once I get my computer at home back up and running (other problems there) maybe I'll fill in the abbreviations in the large tables.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
yzguy,
Drop tests? You doing research for the French army?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Sorry guys,
Apologies to any of our French members. Actually, I have several, well maybe a few, oh actually, honestly no French friends that I hang out with, but there were a few playing pool at the table next to me last month that seemed like nice guys though I couldn't really understand a word they were saying to me. I assume that "va te faire enculer" means nice shot.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hmmm... Don't speak Froggy, so I had to visit Alta Vista's BabelFish... Translation to follow for the rest of y'all who also don't speak the language of wussies.

va te faire enculer = "will make you [bleep] up the a**"

I suppose that this could also be translated as "nice shot", depending on the level of slang that one uses...

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I got that from http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/french.htm Warning, they hit you with a bunch of popups. I think I'll print that page out and laminate it for when the snowbirds come to S. Florida every year.
I thought the one about bears in the forest was creative.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
205 Posts
yzguy,
Drop tests? You doing research for the French army?
Yeah, but the results were predictable... of course non fired, they weren't loaded!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered and received a set of P-11 magazine springs from Wolff. When I installed them I now notice that the rounds rattle in the magazine much more than they did with the original magazine springs. Anyone else have this problem?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts