Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, somebody has to ask it, so it might as well be me!!
What about Wolf ammo??
Anybody gotten brave enough to put some of this through their pistols??
If so, how does it work??
My policy on Wolf has always been one of commie ammo for commie guns. My Makarovs love the stuff!!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I knew someone would cry Wolf.
Actually, you're right... Maks and AKs love the stuff.
It's not coming anywhere NEAR my other guns!
Got enough problems without adding steel cases and melted wax and laquer to the mix, along with several pounds of powder residue...
I think I can speak for KTRange when I say that brass-cased ammo is the only KTRange APPROVED ammo!!! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
wolf ammo

i bought 2 boxes of wolf 109 gr. solids (6.99 a box) when i picked up my bulgie last wednesday. i fired 50 rnds. thur. i was surprised at the recoil generated, which i describe as "snappy".

on www.makarov.com they refer to wolf as "high pressure" and reccommend 19# recoil springs.

i ordered recoil springs and 10% mag. springs for both of my maks and don't plan on shooting them again until they're installed.

as far as accuracy, feed and extraction are concerned i had no problems.

i don't plan to buy more.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would not use it!

I have a WASR-10 hi-cap, and shoot a lot of wolf only because it is the only thing I can find cheap!, like Flyer says, the powder residue is great and the steel case and steel bullet can really do a number on your gun!, it is not worth what you save in the long run, also it stinks your gun up.

As for the 9mm luger, wal-mart has a 100 round box for only $10 dollars or so, I do not see how you can beat this price for practice

·
Registered
467 Posts
left out something

I left out something on my reply above!.
The ammo in 9mm luger that wal-mart sells in 100 round boxes is winchester brand, I just wanted to add this in so that you did not think I was talking about Wolf ammo.

But since I am back on the subject!, there is a company called Cheaper Than Dirt that has really good deals on Wolf ammo, I do not have their number handy but I have seen the 7.62x39mm sell for $1.59 for 20 rounds, I pay $2.99 for 20 rounds at the gun shop.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I thought

Like I said somebody had to ask!! :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: left out something

diamondmike said:
I left out something on my reply above!.
The ammo in 9mm luger that wal-mart sells in 100 round boxes is winchester brand, I just wanted to add this in so that you did not think I was talking about Wolf ammo.

But since I am back on the subject!, there is a company called Cheaper Than Dirt that has really good deals on Wolf ammo, I do not have their number handy but I have seen the 7.62x39mm sell for $1.59 for 20 rounds, I pay $2.99 for 20 rounds at the gun shop.
checkhttp://www.ammunitionstore.com or http://www.centerfiresystems.com

Both will be cheaper than CTD on ammo prices. Wolf, its all I shoot for play in everything centerfire I own. No problems yet of any kind. I can't say the same for American bargain brands. Also their .22rimfire, though pricy is perhaps the best on the planet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts