Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to the folks at Winchester ammo while at the NRA meeting in the Burgh.

.380 Value Packs are being loaded right now.

also...38 spl. is comming soon.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
.380 Value Packs are being loaded right now.
Hmmm...I wonder how much the demand for such has increased thanks to all the P-3AT owners who've come along in the last year....

Glad to hear it -- hope Wal-Mart adds it to their stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been shooting and carrying the .380 for years in the Colt Mustang and Pony Pocketlites. Bought a P3AT a few weeks ago. These guns are exactly why I brought it up with the factory reps...and you can bet they know the P3AT is selling like hotcakes. They said they got many requests for the 100 packs in the last few mths.

The .38 spl has also been requested, and should be coming soon.

I told the guys I have a FFL... but by the time I REMEMBER to order a case of ammo, and pay shipping costs to PA...I can walk in Wally World and go straight to the range with WWB ammo @ the same price.

WIn. USA may be a tad on the dirty side...but my 1911's Glock G19 and G30's have never missed a beat with their ammo.

Good Stuff.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
another fine member

It's great to have new members like Berserker who can attend shows and meetings and post news here on the site.

Thanks, old chap, I'm going to keep an eye open at WalMart.

og :cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Berserker, I will be watching for them at my local supply store.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
.380 valu paks

great news! tried to buy some last week at ww but they didn't have any. settled for some cci. welcome and thanks for the good news :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmm...I wonder how much the demand for such has increased thanks to all the P-3AT owners who've come along in the last year....
In Dayton, OH there was a period of time just before the CCW law passed where I had a hard time finding .380 ammo on the shelves. Two different Wal-marts, and all the sporting goods places I checked were sold out.

I think the CCW law made the .380 a much more popular round in Ohio. I've been planning on getting a reloading setup, but if I'm going to be able to buy cheap ammo for my P3AT and my wife's 38 special it may not make any sense.

·
Registered
467 Posts
reloading

flatrock,

I used to reload alot!, you can save alot of money if you reload and mold your own bullets out of lead, I used to go to sears automotive and get the lead weights that they use on tires and melt them down, one time I used 100% virgin lead and it took hours to clean the lead out of the barrel.

I would never use reloads for selfdefence though, I stick with the CorBon for that!

$800 Box

·
Registered
188 Posts
The places I've been shooting doesn't want non-jacketed bullets because how much lead they put in the air. I'd rather not breath any more led than necessisary either. It seems like buying the bullets themselves is going to be a big part of the costs of reloading for me, which makes me wonder how much I'll save.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Midi,

I guess your range isn't concerned with the health effects of lead...

Many of the indoor ranges I frequent require lead-free (Winclean, etc.) ammo. Winclean isn't really lead-free, the exposed lead is in the nose rather than the base of the bullet, and the primers are of a different chemistry.

A disposable face mask isn't a bad idea for indoor range use if you shoot frequently.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Heck, I'd be satisfied with an indoor range, period!
The nearest one to me is about half the distance as from here to the Moon.
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
Flyer,

I've found a youth center with an NRA range in Springfield that you can shoot at on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 to 9.

It's pretty basic, and their backstop won't handle high power loads, but it's better than nothing.

Sim-Trainer is supposed to be opening their range around the end of the month. The contractor constructor building their range shifted back their date on them because the government wanted some ranges built.

www.sim-trainer.com

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Hmm, wonder what the value packs will cost. I don't have a P-3AT yet, but I'll take a couple of boxes of .38 special any day.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

flyandscuba said:
Midi,

I guess your range isn't concerned with the health effects of lead...
No... they're not. They're more concerned about the possible effects of jacketed ammo on their antiquated backstop. What a waste of money that membership was... when I found the ourdoor range, I dropped the other place... told 'em I'd rather freeze than use their facilities... if that's what they call them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
.380 Winchester Value Packs

I just received the following Winchester response to my email inquiry on when .380 value packs would be available........."Your suggestion for Winchester to offer the 380 value pack will be passed on and considered."
Sadly, this tells me that Winchester .380 value pack are NOT forthcoming and are NOT now being considered....... :cry:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know if the Winchester Value pack is the same as Winchester USA which comes in the white box?? or Winchester White Box. If so I have been getting the Winchester White Box USA from Cheaper Than Dirt. Its been very reliable for me in my P-3AT, P-11, and Springfield 1911 and everything else I shoot. In fact I just ordered some in .223. Its mostly all I use for plinking. Its not the cheapest but not the most expensive either and its easy to order on line from CDT and they will ship right to your door. I have had no problems with it.

SKB

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Most all Winchester that you find in Wallyworld is in white boxes. It's not all Value Pack. The Value Pack stuff is usually a 100 round loose pack box with the smaller calibers (everything except for .45 that I've seen so far) having brass jacketed bullets. The .45 Value Pack has 2, 50 round styrofoam trays with copper jacketed bullets. They also sell higher end "personal defense" ammo... higher powered, hollow points... same white box... all looks the same, roughly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Local Wallymarts here don't have "white box" ammo in .380; only 9mm & .40 S&W. Only option in .380 is UMC FMJs. That is why I was hoping to see .380 Value Packs at some date.
Any experience with ammo at The Sportsmans Warehouse ? Apparently there is a new story opening locally in a month or so.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.