Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 20 round box of Cor Bon 125gr.+p hollow point ammo today.
At 1200 fps it sounds good!, but I noticed it is shorter than a normal round.
I hand fed about 21 rounds through the gun and one round ran into the ramp and did not chamber.
I know the right thing to do is shoot at least a mag. full, but I am just sick and tired of cleaning my gun so much!.
Anyone have any advice on the reliability of this round in the P-11?, either good or bad experiences would be helpful.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, works just fine.
It's gonna be tough on your P-11, though. Shoot enough to be proficient with it, and use enough for occasional practice, but I'd limit its use for that purpose.
Of course, it's expensive enough that's all your likely to do with it in the first place!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
diamondmike,

If you like the thought of defensive power provided by the Cor-bon load but want to ensure consistent feed reliability -- consider Cor-bon's Pow'Rball cartridge. See: http://mysite.elixirlabs.com/index.php?uid=12665&page=1607

The hollowpoint bullet has a polymer ball in the nose. This gives it a profile similar to a FMJ bullet for feed reliability. In addition, the ball acts as a wedge to improve expansion of the hollowpoint.

The 9mm+P round uses a 100gr bullet with 1475fps/483ft/lbs.!!

You can order it direct from www.corbon.com

Right now, www.sportsmansguide.com has it at prices less than factory site. See: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=92037

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use 127 gr +P Golden Sabers in mine.... :)

probably have about 300 rounds of them through mine.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I've run quite a bit of Gold Dot 124 grain +P through my P-11 without any problems. I believe Marty once said it's the extra heat generated by the +P loads that requires you to limit their use in the P-11. I guess you just don't want to shoot 50 at a time. I've run a couple of mags through in one session before.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts