Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just arrived in the mail today, my wife's
custom purse holster by K&D Holsters:

Working with Kevin was real easy, and comforting.
He kept me closely involved with the process to
ensure that I knew I was getting what I was asking for.

This is how the holster temporarily rides in her purse:

If you look REALLY close, you can see the top tip of
the holster and the split ring attached to the carry
strap above the left buckle.

In the purse:

Grasping the weapon:

Weapon drawn:

As you can see, the holster is essentially a
thumb-break retention strap model, with a
grommet at the barrel end to secure the holster.
The holster may be temporarily attached to the
purse strap, or attached to another split with
permanently attacheed to the bottom of the purse.
Once the pistol is grasped, and the thumb-break
unsecured, the weapon can be drawn with the off
hand still holding the purse, the purse can be
allowed to drop, clearing the weapon, or the purse
can be thrown at the assailant, also clearing the
weapon, AND giving the bad guy something else
to deal with.

Normally, my wife carries strong-side front pocket,
but there are times when she simply doesn't have
any pockets. In the past, she simply stuck her
P32 + pocket holster into her purse, but I wasn't
all that keen onthe idea. She has a Coronado carry
purse, but she prefers her Coach purses instead.
I'd like to get everyone's opinion on my solution.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I like it. looks like K&D did a great job. seems like a great solution. the only thing id be worried about is if a bad guy got the purse away with the gun, and they they'd be armed. but that doesnt have anything to do with the holster. also, a purse snatcher would run off im sure before they actually looked inside, so you probably wouldnt be in any danger. just a few thoughts. but it looks great.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
the only thing id be worried about is if a bad guy got the purse away with the gun, and they they'd be armed. but that doesnt have anything to do with the holster.
Home Run!
This is exactly why I haven't been a fan of purse carry... and if some piece of garbage grabs the purse and it's fastened to the woman's hand, as many have suggested, the guy probably would just keep yanking till the strap broke and she was on the ground.
However... if she's aware of her surroundings she should be able to reach her pistol BEFORE any situation like this would arise... then it becomes an attractive carry option.
Flyer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the purse grabber is something I've thought a lot about. But like I said, sometimes she dresses without pockets. Not much I can do about that. Ankle holsters are a no go, as are belly bands, shoulder holsters, and fanny packs. You don't even WANT to hear what she said when I suggested she could wear her P32 like a necklace.

Thankfully, since she started carrying, she's been hyper aware of her surroundings. This is just my best effort (so far) at giving her an alternative to having a holstered handgun swimming around in her purse.

PS Midiman, I don't really mind carrying my wife's purse for her, anymore. As most of them are made by Coach (i.e. stupidly expensive. When I buy a gun, she usually gets a new purse. It works out.) I tend to get more than a few curious, amused and oddly approving looks from other women.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

gazpacho said:
PS Midiman, I don't really mind carrying my wife's purse for her, anymore. As most of them are made by Coach (i.e. stupidly expensive. When I buy a gun, she usually gets a new purse. It works out.) I tend to get more than a few curious, amused and oddly approving looks from other women.
Hmm... maybe I'll run that idea by my wife. Of course, that means I first get to buy 78 new handguns just to play catch-up.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Inside, Confidential Info for Curious KTRangers:
(For Range Use Only)
The relationship between Midi, his guns, and his wife is a very, VERY complex and delicate one...
Trying to make sense of it for the first time is the rough intellectual equivalent of re-creating the Manhattan Project in your head, with absolutely no mathematical knowledge.
It ain't the same, with me. I buy 'em, shoot 'em, and if someone don't like it I boot 'em.
Flyer

G

·
Naw, I think Midiman has hit the nail on the head............it's called being married. As I sit here my wife is next to me. She read the comment of the purse/gun exchange and commented that it sounded alot like us. As a matter of fact, with the pending P40 in the mail from shuguy, my wife and I were just talking tonight about driving to the outlet mall in the Outer Banks on Saturday. What is there you ask, well a COACH outlet of course. She saw a Coach diaperbag that she wanted there on out last trip (1st child on the way in September!). I got a P40 and she gets the diaperbag. Seems about fair to me! A happy wife = a happy marriage. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the upcoming blessing, norfdet893.

Yeah, the exchange thing works out well enough.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That new purse holster looks great!
It may partially explain why Kevin has been carry this little pink purse the last few times I saw him. But it doesn't explain those pink open-toe high heels he seems to like so much...
Barry

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great Pics, Gazpacho!

Glad you like the holster. I understand the drawbacks of purse carry, but this seems like a great way to do it. I also agree that in the typical purse snatch you lose your gun, but usually not in a circumstance where it would be used against you.

Of course, for you wife, the PURSE is worth more than the gun and the holster put together! Obviously you both appreicate the value of fine leather!

Duane
[email protected]
www.KDHolsters.com

·
Registered
519 Posts
well, your shoes HAVE TO match your purse. i mean, its just common sence :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Purse holster

A very neat idea, and K&D did a nice job carrying it out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
packin heat,
Damn! you're right of course! And Kevin does keep all those fashion mags in the truck!
Barry

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
bundle of joy

congratulations norf! we're expecting a new grandchild sept. 24. my sons' second. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts