Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was this easy? :D I wasn't perpared for the lose parts like the extractor falling out of the gun :wink:

I went from an hour and a half needing 3 hands and very sore figures to fewer than 10 seconds the 2nd time out.

How?
Sorry don’t have my book so flyer can translate to a more technical parts description.

Well I don't have any non-captive type spring guns except for my Kimber and a Star. But while at the gun show I noticed an old timer simply loosely fit the spring assembly and guild rod in the front housing eyelet and put the slide on the edge of a table (Guide rod end in contact with the end of the table) and compress the spring and using his other thumb to slide it in place on the barrell (it helps if you glue the guild eyelet which I made sure my thumb was over it in case during compression of the springs it came flying off toward my face).

Now I’ve gone from dreading cleaning and disassembling this gun to now big deal just like my Glocks and other firearms.

BE CAREFUL BUT TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did It Today

ttown --
I took mine down for the first time today. My extractor didn't come out, but I did have a problem with the recoil spring catch in the front. It stayed in the slide when I removed the springs, and it fell on the floor when I turned the slide over. Now that I know, I doubt that it will be a problem in the future.

-- Steve

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
parts

welcome to the wonderful world of the p3at. the idiosyncracies are worth it. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also had some humorous first episodes....

The first time I reassembled my P-3AT, I had it briefly upside down. I looked at the rear of the frame and said "drat!! A piece of the rear frame railing has broken off!!" Little did I know but the ejector is a drop-in affair. I found it on my work bench and sheepishly put it back in place.

The other tricky little maneuver is to keep the recoil springs on the metal guide rod until the unit can be secured in place. (them little suckers are stiff!) I use a very small pair of angled needle-nosed pliers to grip the guide rod, preventing the recoil springs from launching themselves. Works pretty good.

After a couple of attempts, it is SOP.

Best wishes......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts