Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the white paint on my "sights" is dulling and wearing off, particularly the front. Has anyone repainted theirs? Aside from spending $18 on a Bright Sight kit, what works? I even considered using white-out (yes, the correction fluid) because it's bright and I have some (yea, pretty goofy), but that won't stay there long...

G

·
I think oldgranpa just repainted his recently..might want to ask him. I used to use flourescent paint from the craft store on the standard Glock sights. I would imagine that it would work on the KT sights also. Kind of a poor mans nite sights.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'd be interested in hearing from Oldgrandpa and others. Your suggestion sounds pretty good. I need something bright for these grandpa eyes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
my p-11 was missing a white dot. i had some glossy white house paint. took a toothpick and just dabbed some in there. good enough for me! doesnt look any different from the others

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've found the best paint for me is the flourescent paints used for making fishing lures... these paints are really tough, and more importantly, BRIGHT!
Flyer

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used Tester's model paint on mine. Tried bright green, orange, red, silver, and white. Liked white the best.

The Tester's model paint is $.76 at Wal-Mart. Just dab a little on your sights using the end of a toothpick. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flyer - Fishing lure paint sounds durable & bright. Where'd ya get it? Did you go with white, flourescent orange, what?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods, which has a pretty wide selection of angling gear... but Wallyworld MIGHT have one of the little "touch up" kits.
Actually I like the yellow... for some reason it just seems to gather the light best of all the colors.
Flyer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re:Front Sight?

Amazing! I also used Testors Model Paint from Wal-Mart when the front sight on my Beretta 87 Cheetah started to fade (or maybe I got some gun oil on it during cleaning).

I used white on mine and dabbed a bit in the front sight with a very thin model brush and haven't had any problems. Its a bright white and seems pretty tough - maybe acrylic based?

I still have some left and won't hestitate to use it in a second on my P-32 when the paint on the sights starts to get a little faded.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I used Testors from Wallyworld in fluorescent yellow. As usual, Flyer was right. It shows up in almost any light. Have thought about putting it on my P11 and G19. :handgun:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last weekend I did the Tester florescent yellow. Looks great against the black gun and is highly visable. About 100 rounds fired; What an improvement!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Marty,

Thanks for taking the time to read here once in a while. Have you seen the post on the new plastic sight a member recently developed and is offering for sale? If so, what do you think?

Thanks again,

CA

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Remember, guys...
It's a privilege to have Marty posting here at the Range and keeping us up to date on things.
Please don't swamp him with too many questions, though. I KNOW the impulse is there, and strong... but try to resist the Dark Side! 8)
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Hmm... I can't really say, since I'd have to shoot with it and see how it worked, first.
I almost never endorse anything I haven't used myself, so it could be a perfectly wonderful sight, I just haven't tested it!
I make my own sights for my little KTs, like I've said before, and they work well. They don't resemble this one much, though... they're considerably larger, somewhat resembling a "Novak", sloping sight. They're about the size of a PPK sight, but not as tall.
I also add a front sight to cover the triangular one, giving a standard ramp configuration.
Flyer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts