Kel-Tec Forum banner

Which would you rather have?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well... what does he want to do?
Plink, home defense, target shoot, etc.?
If it's simple home defense, plinking, or all-around short-range use, the Sub is an excellent choice.
If it's for targets, or distances much over 100 yards... the Sub becomes pretty much useless.
Yank my arm, and I'll say...
Take the SU-16 in a heartbeat!
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
For $1000 Both the SU-16 and the Sub 2000 can be had. And with extra change left for mags and ammo. Or if you prefer, you might be able to throw in a P-11 if your counting your pennies. :lol: $450 Su16+$275 Sub2000+$225 P11= Lots of fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just remember

Just remember, my brother wants accessories. Mags, scope for the Su-16; Mags, scope, laser sight, flashlight, and ammo for the sub2k. Also, count maybe 1000 rounds of ammo. Cheapest you can get 9mm is about $88 for 1000, and 5.56 NATO or .223 Remington is sometimes a little more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I had $1000 dollars and wanted to outfit a complete centerfire rifle/carbine kit AND I was only looking at the Sub 2K and the SU16 then....... SU16.

The availability of GI issue 20 and 30 round magazines for as little as $10 each, Surplus ammo, effectiveness of ammo, support equipment, effectiveness at longer distances, coupled with the size and handling make the SU16 the big winner.

I would wager however I could get every thing I wanted above with the 16 and still have enough money available to get a Sub 2K!

·
Registered
30 Posts
A recent gun show had a pile of USGI 30 rounders in lousy cosmetic condition for 10/$100. I purchased ten and was allowed to pick from the box. The magazines were of miscellaneous manufacture to include a bunch of Adventure line, one FN, Kay industries, Parson Precision, Center industries and others. No Colts in the box.

They were functionally perfect but the exterior finish was gone on most.

The 20 rounders were 15 dollars each. Colt 20 rounders $25.

This particular magazine dealer was at the "Land of the Sky" show in Asheville NC. I have purchased USGI M9 magazines, Beretta marked in excellent shape but poor exterior condition for $100 for 5.

My last visit in January this year to the "fair grounds Gun Show" in Orlando had similar setups but I was looking for something else and not pricing magazines.

I imagine that after September the prices will drop for the other stuff. I least I hope so. :)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
If that's a current FN mag, better take a hammer to it and toss the remains in the ocean!
Believe it or not, it's a felony for a civvy to possess one.
Flyer

·
Registered
30 Posts
The FN mag is not marked in any way other than the baseplate. I am at work now and will edit to add exactly what is on the baseplate.

As far as possession...I am a federal police officer and I disagree with my exemption but have it nontheless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.