Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .45 GAP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell, here's another poll. But seriously,of the choices,which are 9x23mm,.357 Sig,.40 S&W,.40 Super,.400 Corbon,10mm,.45 GAP and .45 Super,which would you choose if you were going to buy a viable defensive pistol. As I've said before I favor the .40 S&W over the other modern defensive catridges. I prefer something in a 9x19mm size platform. Personally,I think the .357 SIG is a bit rough on guns. I don't have .32 NAA or .25 NAA here because I think it would fit in a pocket pistol poll better. I am talking about G19 size or bigger in this poll.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Can't vote; my cartridge isn't there.
I consider a modern cartridge to be this:
Have a Primer.
Have a Brass Case.
Use Smokeless Powder.
Be available in a wide variety of guns.
So, I'm outta luck.
Flyer

·
Registered
432 Posts
Uh, Flyer, while I would agree with your assessment that these are mostly "oddball" calibers that are not widely available (and thus useless, like the 45 Super), I hardly think that the choice of weapons chambered in .40S&W is "limited".

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
madman,
Nope, that's not what I was saying at all.
I simply described what I consider the requirements for a modern cartridge, and then said my choice wasn't there!
Flyer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nothing there that floats my boat either.

If those "modern cartridges" are my only choice, I guess I'll have to go with an antique cartridge instead... yep, the venerable 9x19.

:lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 357 sig and might get a 40S&w barrel for it, but I still like the 45acp better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well,I should have asked "Which Ultra-Modern-Whiz-Bang-Guaranteed One Shot Stop From A 100 Yards-Cartridge Would You Hypothetically Choose If You were Attacked By An Al Queda Hit Squad Wearing Armor And Requiring Head Shots Only While Standing On One Foot With One Arm Tied Behind Your Back And Blindfolded." And you would answer *edit* .45 ACP,yes?

Edited for inappropriate language by Flyer.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, I would.
There isn't anything out there that does a better job from an autopistol, period, from 1911 to now.
Flyer

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,since I botched this poll,I request it be dumped.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
madman,
Nope, that's not what I was saying at all.
I simply described what I consider the requirements for a modern cartridge, and then said my choice wasn't there!
Flyer
Ahhh! :idea: Gotcha. I voted .40S&W since it was the only viable option on the poll, but like you I think that .45ACP is *the* king of semi-auto pistol calibers. Revolvers gets stickier, since we have everything from the venerable .44Mag & .44Spl all the way up to S&W's .500, and all the oddball high-powered hunting calibers in between.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.