• Black Talons/SXT Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hydrashoks

• Starfires

• Golden Sabers

• Specialty Rounds(Glaser/Magsafe/IQ/etc.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes,I know. Another bloody poll? Anyway,what hollowpoints do the majority of us KTRangers use in our carry handguns? I use CCI Gold Dot Hollowpoints in both my P32 and my G19. Right now PMC Starfire HPs ride in my P11 and Win. Silvertips ride in my Witness. The Starfires are in my P11 because I had them and the same with the Silvertips in my Witness. But for my main carry pieces I prefer Gold Dots. In 9x19mm preferably 124 gr. +P or 115 gr. +P+. This is just an overview of the main brands,so if I miss anyone sorry.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Silvertips in my P3AT (OG's work confirmed what I already suspected, that they are one of the best all-around JHPs for the P3AT).

Golden Sabres in my P40
Winchester SXT's in my Springfield .45
and
Win White Box 125 gr. +P 1/2 Jacket HPs in my Taurus 85

I've never found a "one size fits all" ammo for all my different guns. My carry ammo is selected after careful consideration of the results of test firing a variety of premium JHPs thru each gun, shortly after I purchase it.

Edit: I voted for Silvertips, since my P3AT is my "always" gun and gets carried nearly everywhere.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Gold Dots in the P-11/P-40's and Hornady in the Maks.

In case you have other polls in mind, the answers are:

Aquafresh
Gillete
Prell
Irish Spring
Purex Unscented
Speed Stick
Land-O-Lakes
Scrambled
Hunts
Jiff
Dockers
Paper
Double Cheeseburger Meal
Pepperoni
Fire Sauce
Thousand Island
Medium well
Coke
Bacardi
Boxers
The Rolling Stones
Twice a day
Brunettes

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hydra shoks in the 45s,corbon in the P3AT, gold dots in the Glock in the bottom layer of the pistol safe. I don't discriminate!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't think of any more polls anyway. For now. Heh heh heh... Besides Corbon uses Hornady hollowpoints last time I checked.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, Cor-Bon does use Hornady bullets... some of them with specially thickened jackets to resist premature expansion.
It's certainly that way with the .32 NAA rounds I've shot... if that had been a regular .32 jhp, it would've blown itself apart on contact with the water, or maybe even in the air! That's one mean little round.
Flyer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts