Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard from a lot of people that Kel-Tec and Highpoint stand behind their guns and pretty much warranty the gun for life.

How well do some of the bigger names stand behind their products?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Smith

flatrock,

Smith&Wesson is good but they normally do not sent you the parts you have to send your gun in.
Rossi is not really a big name but if you write them a letter they ship you almost anything that you need free!.
But I have to say that Kel-Tec is the best that I have ever dealt with!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Other mfr's

Glock is also good, although they strongly prefer that you send in the gun, and while there, they will usually undo any mods you might have made, if possible.

They seem to have more aggressive lawyers than K-T.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re: Smith

diamondmike said:
Rossi is not really a big name but if you write them a letter they ship you almost anything that you need free!.
Hmm. Tried to get a replacement part for a Rossi I bought in 1992 and was directed to some outfit in Atlanta who wanted me to ship it to them. I never bothered. Maybe I should try again.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glock is real good.

Remington is ok...once you get ahold of them. Lots of run around!

Winchester is good.

Colt sux, takes a hour to get a real human, then they dont know anything.

Browning is very good, unless you gotta pay for work or a part $$$$$$$$$$$$

Thompson Center is good.

Taurus is good.

Kel-Tec is good.

Savage is good.

I have delt with a alot of folks in the gun world... The best to me are... Glock, Kel-tec, and the fine folks at BROWNELLS and CDNN.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rossi

Keys,

I bought mine in 1995, it is a model M88, 2 inch barrel, 5 shot , 38 special, stainless steel, serial No. W274***

I wrote a letter to them complaining about the rubber grip was just a tad to long for really good concealment.
They sent me another rubber grip just like the one I already have and sent me a pair of wood grips for it FREE and put a note in the package saying, "we are sorry that you was not pleased, if you need anything else just write us or call we will be glad to assist you"

I sent my letter to,

Interarms
Number Ten Prince Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22313

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
diamondmike,
Thanks for the address. The grip on my .38 special makes it impossible to use a speed loader. It also has a damaged finish on the wheel and I would like to get it replaced. I've had some lockup issues with the Rossi and only take it out when my daughter practices with it at the range. I wouldn't trust it for self defense.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rossi

Keys,

I thought I had the phone number for them but looked in the manual and can only find the address that I wrote to, I would make sure they are still at that address before I sent the letter that was back in 1995, but I would guess they are still at the same address because Rossi is becoming more popular.

I have only put about 25 rounds through mine and have had no problems, they seem to be a well made gun, I seen a Rossi in a gun shop the other day and they now make the 5 shot 2 inch in 357 magnum.

They make a good home defence gun for a odd room like a basement or somewhere, You just never know where you are going to be when the bad scene happens!

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I guess my experience is more recent. I called Rossi last year and when they found out the model year of my gun they wanted nothing to do with me. They referred me to this third party gunsmith in Atlanta. When I called the place in Atlanta it seemed like more money and trouble than it was worth.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rossi

Keys,

Take a 37 cent gamble and send them a letter, put under their address ATTN: Service Department

It has always been my experience that a letter is much, much, more effective than a telephone call.

Good Luck
Let me know if you prevail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts