Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get back from vacation I'm going to finally pick up a P-11. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the various finishes? I don't care for the looks of the hard chrome, but if that is the most durable I would consider it. As of now I am leaning towards the parkerized.
Thanks for your input,
sub2k

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've always been a parkerized fan.
Hmm... are you a window fan, or table fan? Or a Yankee fan?
Oh... you've been a FAN of PARKERIZING, you're not parkerized, yourself!
I'd THOUGHT it'd be kinda hard to walk around all blue/gray all the time... :shock:
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking of that....
I think I'll test it out on Keys first, though, to see if it has "Babe Magnet" potential...

Aaaaaaaahhh!!!!
Oh my GOODNESS!!!
None for me, thanks!!!
Sure hope it washes off.... 8)
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah, he does kinda have that shimmery look, doesn't he?
I TRIED getting it off... but that hard chrome is tough!!!
I figured the least I could do was give him a good fluff & buff, seeing as how he hasn't moved since being chromed...

Now he's recognizably human... but still stiff as a board!
"Keys! Yo, dude, wake up! Gimme a sign here!"
Good Gravy!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kinda looks like ol' Hans Solo when they "froze" him in "carbonite" in the second Star Wars film. It worked out for Hans, so maybe there is hope for Keys.

CA

G

·
Mine is Hard Chrome and have had no problems with the finish. I wanted a parkerizedone, but you take what is available sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Gee,
I went from the Predator to Han Solo. Sorry I missed all the fun guys. I prefer the Keys bobblehead myself.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Whew! Glad you made it outta the Chrome! I was worried for a while there...
Nice bobblehead. One thing, though... the level of detail it's got suggests that it's life-sized, which means your head is about the size of a Volkswagen...
Must take a long time to blow it up, even with one of those portable compressors.
This conjures up a question...
Does this mean you're an airhead?
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Not much air in my head, ya varmint, mostly fog.

8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ah... yep, you're right, correction made.
Hmm... I always did think your ideas seemed a bit murky!
Flyer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll look for a parkerized p-11, but I think I'll stay with my original skin!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
sub2K,
Err.... sorry bout that...
I guess we had to blow off some steam, and most of it was chrome in nature!
I, too, like the Parked finish. Not quite as pretty as a blued one, or EXTREMELY durable like a Chrome one, but it's still much better than blued for corrosion resistance.
Parkerizing has another, seldom mentioned, advantage... it's somewhat porous surface allows it to absorb and hold lubrication VERY well, so it's unlikely to ever go "dry" when you need it, like the other two can.
Here's a little gift for Hijackin' yer thread...

Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
slidew swap

isn't the bbl. also chromed when you pop for the swap? if so, can you get the parkerized slide and chromed bbl.? i fight rust on my bbl. constantly. i'd go for that. :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
It is my understanding that you send in the barrel when doing a parkerized swap, just like the hard chrome exchange.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Finish

My first P11 9mm was grey with Blu/Blk slide. I called in for replacement of dead night sights. They told me it was an old gun(looked new to me) and needed complete update so what color frame did I want? Keltec apparently jacked up the serial number and put a new gun underneath-not a bad deal.
I chose the army green frame and sprang $20 for the chrome slide,barrel and slidestop. This is now one gorgeous gun!
Trouble is, that I bought a 357 SIG upper in blue and prefer the caliber but not the slide finish or the plain steel colored barrel.
Hard chrome isn't offered by KT for the 357 so I may "melt" the slide and have it Parkerized.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts