Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have heard some convincing arguments for both side now.... What do you carry in your P3AT?

I'll start since I haven't totally made up my mind I am guilty of using both FMJ's and HP's depending on my mood for the day.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
* * * KTRange Bulletin * * *
> (For Immediate Release)

I. Um.
Well, see, I... you know, there's been a, uh...
In MOST cases, there's one PARTICULAR BRAND of ammo that hates me, but...
Oh well cripey. I'm thinking that for .380 the REMINGTON GOLDEN SABER 102 gr. BHP is best!
There, I said it. As I type this I'm waiting for an explosion in my front pocket... any time... soon.... no? Hmm.... well, wonderful!
Of the ammo I've fired, the Golden Saber seems to cause the most consistent amount of damage to various mediums... I now prefer it to Cor-Bon.
Now, we'll see if the Remington Curse is lifted, or visits itself upon me tonight, in some manner or another... :shock:
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
P3at- I am carrying Hydrashoks in one magazine(loaded in pistol), One magazine of Corbons, and one magazine of Magsafe. I switch up from time to time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
26 rounds of Silvertips. 3 stock mags and one mag with a +1 extension, and 1 round in the chamber. Silvertips have given me excellent, consistent feeding and performance. The felt recoil is somewhat lighter than other ammo, and the muzzle flash is more subdued than other brands.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
smokey, i guess we're a club of two. win. valu paks with that nice flat meplat and 10.5 " of penetration!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Byron,
Yep, the Win Value packs is what I am currently carrying. It functions well in my two P-3ATs, and penetration should be adequate.
s45

·
Registered
168 Posts
Currently - 90 Grain Speer Gold Dot

I would like to check out the Golden Saber... I just have never seen it on a shelf.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guess I'm the odd-one-out here.....

I carry UMC 95 gr FMJ in my P-3AT. I find it totally reliable and I seem to shoot it with more accuracy. In a gun the size of the P-3AT, I want penetration, regardless of the position of the target and how many layers of clothing the round must pass through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re:

madman said:
26 rounds of Silvertips. 3 stock mags and one mag with a +1 extension, and 1 round in the chamber.
Holy Hannibal Hordes, Batman! :lol: If you feel you need to carry 26 rds, may I suggest a bigger gun than a pocket .380?

For me, Federal 95 gr FMJ. Shoots center POA and 12+" of penetration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re:

Druggie said:
Fiocchi 95 grain FMJ's. They feed perfectly, minimal recoil, and very very little muzzle flash. S-M-O-O-T-H in the P-3AT. :D
+1

Fiocchi is 92gr, however, not 95gr (check the box). Sometimes I'll use American Eagle (Federal) 95 gr FMJ. Penetration all teh way.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, when I'm not limited by mode of dress, I DO carry a larger gun. KT P40, Taurus 85, Glock 26, or Glock 36, depending on the day and my mood. But.... when I truly can't conceal anything larger, my P3AT has to do. Given the small caliber, I want to make sure I have enough ammo to keep shooting if the SHTF. I figure 26 rounds of .380 equates to about as much stopping power as about 10 rounds of .40 or .45... :wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome

Druggie
Good to see you here... :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use Georgia Arms New 90 gr. gold dot ammo for the P3AT. It is on the hot side with a listed velocity from a standard pistol of 950 FPS. You can buy 100 rds of georgia arms GD for the same price as 50 speer GD bullets and it is excellent ammo. I use GA arms Gold Dot for carry in 9mm. 40 and 45 also. Several police departments in georgia and surrounding states use the ammo. Its great stuff.

From what it sounds here though, I should give the Golden Sabre a try. Give the P3AT some bling bling perhaps. :p

I have attempted to attach a link below to Ga Arms.

http://WWW.GEORGIA-ARMS.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts