Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield XD Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which polymer frame guns do you prefer over the rest? I am a big fan of the Glocks,but like the Kel-tecs enough to own both a P11 and a P32. Others I favor are CZ's CZ100,Walther's P99/P22,and Steyr's M/S series. Am not a big fan of the HK's. Just don't do anything for me.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
We need to remember that Kel-Tecs aren't really polymer framed - they're aluminum framed. The only polymer is the grip... the rest of the pistol acts just like any other steel/aluminum pistol, like a Beretta.
Flyer

G

·
I too like the Glocks...but I also like Smith and Wesson and Kel-Tec's....I pretty much love pistols in general....

·
Registered
79 Posts
norf',

My reputation was sullied years ago... I think about '87 was the first time someone referred to me as a "handgun slut". :shock:

Of course, I've never done anything to dispell the notion, and, at last count, I've owned 189 differednt handguns... would that I had the wealth to have kept them all... and had a place to do so! 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ruger's polymer framed P-95 and P97 do not... not sure about their newest P-345 but I suspect it doesn't have any either.

Glocks have molded-in rails for the slide to run on, but they are not removable like the KT's frame block.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My first post here, been a leach for a while and thought I should finely jump in.

One of my up and coming favorites is the XD. I have the SUB-Compact 9 that holds a better group than my P-85 @ 25 yards. Thinking seriously about dumping the Ruger and getting the 5” Tactical 9. Using the G27 and G22 for the 40.

My P-3at has been in Fl. for five weeks now, I was told Monday that things are backing up down there and the norm of 3-4 weeks has changed to 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You forgot to put Taurus in your survey, which probably sells more guns worldwide than most of the companies on your list and gives you a lifetime warranty.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Actually, I believe the top honor for worldwide distribution goes to the Tangfolio company in Italy.
If it even RESEMBLES a CZ-75 and isn't a real one, chances are excellent it's at least been cast by Tangfolio.
Taurus does distribute lots of guns, though. I still haven't learned to trust them completely, but I know lots do.
Interestingly, ALL the 92 series Taurus pistols are made on Beretta machinery, and the J and K - frame sized revolvers are made on Smith machinery.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You CANNOT out-Glock a Glock. I've tried, giving the XD the complete benefit of the doubt. The Glock kicked the snot out of it.
Also, the Patriot Arms .45 ACP has a completely polymer grip.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Okay, try this with your choice of XD pistols:
Take ten of them down to component parts, and put each part in it's own box.
Do the same to ten Glocks.
Randomly picking from boxes, put together an entire gun.
Fire that gun 100,000 rounds.
Lemme know when an XD can do that.
Flyer

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re:

[quote="Gun_Nut_2k1

I can take the 1911 A1 to bare frame with no tools. Even past that. That does not mean its the be all and end all of guns.

.[/quote]

It is too! 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Um... I never said I did that, but Chuck Taylor took place in the test that did.
You're takin' all this too seriously!
The thing about the Glock you're missing is that it has very few parts compared to the Springfield.
Also... how do you take a 1911 down to the bare frame... and then some?
(Hint to 1911 Afficianados: The mainspring of the 1911 under the grip housing incorporates several tools used for detail stripping).
Flyer

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And Round One goes to the Glock. No go back to your corners and come out swinging. I actually put Taurus on the Poll but it was replaced by the Springfield. Oops, I forgot about the XD. However, IMHO the XD would probably not stand up to the Glock as far as actual round count in durability. When they have an XD that has went hundreds of thousands of rounds then we can truly argue. I personally like my Glock 19 more. Now if they had an XD the size of a G19, I might be tempted,but they don't and I don't like the XD Compact. I also think that the short trigger pull of the XD needs a manual safety,not to hijack the thread with that subject. Yes,I know the XD has a grip safety.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With all the disagreement about the XD why has no one voted for a XD at this time? Even the Steyr M/S got voted for by now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts