Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .38 Super

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing this poll to let all the 9mm fans be it a Makarov,Luger,.380, or others have a fair shake. When I posted the other poll it only let post some many options so I had to leave out some cartridges. So here is a poll for all carriable 9mms. Me personally, I have had three 9x18Maks,a RK59,a PA63,and a Bulgarian Makarov;three .380 ACP(9x17 Kurz/Short),a Grendel,a PMK380,and a APK MKII;seven 9x19mm Lugers, a PT99,two Witnesses,two Glock 19s, a Vektor CP1,and a Kel-Tec P11.I even put .38 Super/9mm Largo/9x23mm on the poll for the people who walk a little different path.As a sidenote, .38 Super/9mm Largo/9x23mm are all pretty much the same cartridge but come in different makes.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Lately, when I carry 9mm it's my Makarov as a backup piece. My primary carry weapon is my P-40.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was the 9mm Largo used by a James Bond villain with an eye patch?

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Hey Senor, you got any 9X23?

Who the heck uses 9mm Largo for self defense?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sure my choice is no surprise, and one of my P-11s is a near-constant companion.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Funny... You'd figure a Keys would use a Largo.
Aaaaaaiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody HEP me! 8)
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Funny... You'd figure a Keys would use a Largo.
Cute. Very cute, but I'd prefer something I can buy ammo for at Wally World.

Regards, Keys (no Largo this week but we will be playing at Coconuts in Key Largo next weekend) 8)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Before I started wearing this back brace, my main carry was usually a 9X18 Hi Capacity Makarov, with the Keltec 380 as a backup. If it's just around my home town (small place), the Keltec 380 is enough.

MD

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re:

Buck said:
no, his name was largo
that would have been thunderball, the one where spectre steals the two nuclear bombs

·
Registered
188 Posts
My modifications to my extractor on my P3AT didn't work out well, so I'm not currently carrying it until my new extractor arrives in the mail.

I'd like to carry my Makarov, but I'm still waiting on my holster I ordered over 3 months ago from HBE Leatherworks.

Right now my only carry gun is my Glock 30 in .45 ACP.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

Bulbman said:
Buck said:
no, his name was largo
that would have been thunderball, the one where spectre steals the two nuclear bombs
Thunderball. The underwater scenes were filmed at the Ivan Tors studio in N. Miami. The hydroplane boat from the movie was on display for years behind Tony's Fish Market on the 79th street causeway. The rear breakaway half of the boat was kept not too far away at the Pelican Harbor Marina where it finally burned to the waterline many years later. We kept a fishing boat at Pelican Harbor for many years. Miami trivia, as if anyone could care. I believe some of Dr. No was also filmed in Miami, where Bond caught Dr. No cheating at cards at the Fontainebleau Hotel poolside in Miami Beach. (another of my hangouts at one time) Oh, back on topic - Bond carried a Walther PPK which is of course [edit on] available in .380 ACP. [edit off]

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
ACTually...
Ian Fleming had Bond's pistol chambered in .32 ACP.
Flyer
Yep, you're right - Bond's PPK was a .32, and you are still a varmint. Please amend the above post to read "is of course available today as the PPK/s in .380 ACP." The actual Bond .32 Walther PPK did not meet import requirements and had to be adapted - thus giving us a hybrid - the frame of the Walther PP mated to a slide from the PPK, giving us the PPK/s.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I remember recently seeing the begining of a Bond movie where hes getting his orders, and he has to turn in his Beretta in trade for the Walther PPK. So what kinda Beretta was it or did they ever say? or am i completely insane?

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

packin heat said:
I remember recently seeing the begining of a Bond movie where hes getting his orders, and he has to turn in his Beretta in trade for the Walther PPK. So what kinda Beretta was it or did they ever say? or am i completely insane?
So far all I can find was that it was a .25 caliber.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Beretta 950 with the extended barrel.
Flyer
I knew you'd know that.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Drifting....drifting.... 9mm Largo to .25 ACP??? Who woulda thunk? As a side note, in later 007 novels by that other author, whose name escapes me, Bond used a ASP, which was a custom chopped S&W auto, Model 59 I think. I believe it was the ASP,but if I am wrong surely Flyer will know.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Uhh... ah....
Ahem....
Okay.... the Beretta 950 used 7.65 Browning ammo.
There! Now it's all sky-entific.
Flyer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts