Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, same old story, where can I buy the gun I want at a reasonable price...

But my question is, since they are still making guns, where are they all going?

Is there a site that takes a backorder list and fulfills the orders as they arrive?

As for the P17, the MSRP is $199, I've seen them on the web of the big box stores for less than $160, but out of stock. I've seen them being gouged for $300 and more.

TTYL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Allow me to vent for just a second: #@$%&[email protected]#@!%$# !!! There, that's a little better. I received an email this morning from KelTec about the P17. Checked online and found a handful of dealers that had them. Went to get my credit card out of my wallet to make the purchase *, came back to the PC in less than 2 minutes and.... POOF!! Every-Single-Damn-One of those P17's was GONE! I called KelTec and spoke to one of their reps, who said that KelTec is manufacturing these P17's "daily". Not sure if that was BS or not, having read many of these previous posts. I'm thinking KelTec must have a pretty sick sense of humor to pull that crap -- putting out an email on a specific product that they must *know is not readily available. Either that, or they're only manufacturing a couple per day. If they were cranking them out then they'd be available.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear that Radman. I gave up on the p17.
Thought it was a great idea to break things up in that i usually carry a 45acp 9mm or 380( pocket carry) for self defense. Researched an LCP 2 in .22LR because it was available at a great price and picked one up. 10+1 is less than the p17 but oh well 17 rounds doesn’t work if you can’t get the gun they go in IJS?
DN

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought one off of the broker a few weeks ago. I had to pay up for it, $399 but it was the only place that I could find that had one for sale and since I just had to have it, I was willing to spend that amount of money on it. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Allow me to vent for just a second: #@$%&[email protected]#@!%$# !!! There, that's a little better. I received an email this morning from KelTec about the P17. Checked online and found a handful of dealers that had them. Went to get my credit card out of my wallet to make the purchase *, came back to the PC in less than 2 minutes and.... POOF!! Every-Single-Damn-One of those P17's was GONE! I called KelTec and spoke to one of their reps, who said that KelTec is manufacturing these P17's "daily". Not sure if that was BS or not, having read many of these previous posts. I'm thinking KelTec must have a pretty sick sense of humor to pull that crap -- putting out an email on a specific product that they must *know is not readily available. Either that, or they're only manufacturing a couple per day. If they were cranking them out then they'd be available.....
It is true about the P17 being very hard to find or get at this time! I purchased one several months ago and I was just Lucky to find one at my LGR! I have since shot about 1000 rounds through it without failure. I did a lot of research before I decided on this .22LR Handgun. Kel-Tec had some problems with them at the very beginning but worked them out and since then these guns have been great and have gotten rave reviews! I love this gun so much that I was again to be Lucky enough to be at my LGR when they just received 2 of them that morning, so I purchased another one that day! The problem is that this gun has become so popular this year and they just can't make them fast enough and this is what I was told by several Gun Stores here in Florida! I was super lucky to have gotten two of these great guns!:love:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I feel your frustration but here in Florida, where the Kel-Tec Factory is located, I think it is slightly easier to find this gun. I purchased one in July,2021 and I liked it so much, I purchased another one in October but I was lucky both times at my LGS. I was told that as soon as they receive them, they are sold the same day and because of the high demand for this gun, Gun Stores only get one or two at a time. The bad thing is that you can't order one and you just have to be lucky enough to be there when they arrive! Sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts