Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for a new Hard Chrome P-11 for 3 weeks now. None of the gun stores around me have any. And there are lots of gun store near me.

Now they are all offering to order me one for $285 to $315.00. But that seems to high to me. Now I can order one from CDNN, but I am in Texas so I would have to pay the shipping and the sales tax (8.25%), and the outragously high transfer fee. ($35.00-$50.00).

So in my frustrating I drove to another city to go to a gun show last weekend. And there was not a single hard chrome P-11. Not one. I saw lots of P32s and Sub2000s and even some P3ATs.

But I did find one blued P11 n.i.b. But only one! Relizing that there must be some sort of p11 shortage in Texas, I bought it.
And its a keeper.

But I am still left wondering where are all the new P11s?

Even Kel Tec is out.

But I guess this will give me time to save up some more money.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I suspect, for the time being at least, the P-3AT has simply taken over!
Demand is incredible. Here in Ohio a P-3AT is usually priced HIGHER than a chrome P-11, and they simply fly off the shelves!
But... there are plenty of chrome P-11s here, though. No problem finding one.
Flyer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Could Kel-tec be re-tooling? Keltec is pretty secretive about changes/new designs and the P-40s are supposed to be re-released soon. I assume (if they are) they will be slightly redesigned. So they might be carrying the design changes over to the P-11 model...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I called Kel Tec about swapping out my slide and barrel (for the hard chrome type), they said nothing about changes to the P11.

They told me that they were were just out. And Kel Tec said that they should have some more Hard Chrome P11 slides and barrels in about 6 to 8 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts