Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ended up buying a normal hard rifle case for my SU but it's stinkin long. I have a 2 seater 350Z so I don't have a lot of space for long rifle cases and just want something small that would take it folded up without a bunch of slack all around the sides and stuff. I haven't found any around here that really fit the bill. Any ideas?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I like the Kolpin soft cases.
They make them in varying lengths, to accomodate everything from a long handgun, folded AR or AK, all the way up to full-length, scoped sniper rifles, with spare mag pockets, attached gear bags, etc...
They're not cheap... but the quality is first class.
www.kolpin.com
Flyer

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're just looking for a case for your SU-16 when FOLDED, I can't help ya yet. If you don't mind the length of the rifle when UNfolded, then see if you can find Bob Allen brand cases. I found one that fits my rifle perfectly..there' just about an inch play on the buttstock end with the muzzle snug in the case. If this sounds good to you, look for the Scoped rifle model, size small. You can see a picture of my rifle laying on the case here http://ktrange.com/phpbb2/files/keltec_su-16_collage.jpg. I paid $20 bucks for mine at a local store, and actually I'll be picking up another soon for my .17. I'd much rather carry 2 of these than a single hard plastic case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
WRBSS Case Followup

:lol: FYI I ordered a case for my WASR-10 and casually suggested that in the future the offer one with mag pockets about 1" deeper to accomodated the length of a 30 rd 7.62x39 mag. As usual I expected to get a ship date from them in a day or two but after a week passed I e-mailed to inquire about my order.

The response was an apology for the delay but the seamstress making the case noticed my comment about the deeper mag pockets and had to start from scratch. That is great customer service. They have also changed the design to a single zippered opening to access both the mag and rifle compartments. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
WOW those are the nicest cases made for the KT's I have ever seen! What a product. I have a couple very similar but none with features specific to the KT's.. Nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A word of caution on the WRBSS case for the SU-16. Mine (the case) arrived yesterday and was the usual high quality I have come to expect.

I have an EOTech holosight (~2.3" tall) on mine and the rifle fits in the case just fine. However, any device (such as a scope) that is taller than the EOTech might not fit.

I suggested to WRBSS they offer a taller version if the customer requests and have no doubt they would if asked, just as they accomodated my suggestion for deeper Mag pouches.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wolf case

I just picked up a wolf case from cheaper than dirt for only $20
I have a bsa red dot on my su, and it fits great. there are 2 deep mag pockets on the outside. for short money, it's a really nice case for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts