Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what most KTRangers are planning to buy next. I have my eye on a police tradein Glock 22 with night sights,3rd generation I think, for $429 +tax. Isn't 3rd generation the ones with finger grooves and light rail? Anyway, my next one will probably be that. I am also looking seriously at a Browning HiPower in .40 too. Been wanting a .40 conversion kit for my Witness for a while too.

G

·
I saw a 59XX series Smith and Wesson at KYImports that I am really interested in. It is a blue framed 9mm with the frame mounted decocker. All of the frame mounted decocker pistols from Smith and Wesson are no longer in production. I recently bought a 1076 from them and have been throughly pleased with it. I thought this 9mm would be a nice addition to the collection and with my access to post ban hi-caps it would be adequately supplied. The price is right to at under 300.00 it seems to be a good deal. They also have some Smith and Wesson 4506 that are right around 325.00. My next purchase will probably be either one of these.

·
Registered
91 Posts
High Point Carbine in 9mm
No, wait...another Makarov
...on second thought, that new Ruger P345 would be awesome
...but I've REALLY wanted a DuoTone CZ PCR for a long time now
...and I've been thinking about a Ruger 10/22 to REALLY trick out to the max...

I have no idea.
Fig

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Um...
A Hi-Point .380 with compensator and both factory laser sights and competition adjustable iron sights.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Sorry, couldn't help myself.... I can be such a creep... oh well.
Actually my next gun is supposed to be finished by the end of August.

It's been in development and production for several months (as I saved money to pay the machinist) but it's almost finished.
I've got a MUCH better drawing than this on my other comp; will swap pics later.
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
I need something in .40, or another 9 mm since my wife has claimed my 9 mm.

I'm really not sure what I'll get. I've been thinking about another Glock since I'm happy with my G30.

It might be fon to buy a Hi-Point to shoot in weakly league competitions just to irritate the people who bring really expensive race guns and can't shoot them very well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
P32 or P3AT or Makarov.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Either a Glock 30 or a SA loaded stainless 1911. Don't need either one, but I want both.

Been looking at ARs too.

Maybe a new shotgun?

Hi-Point carbine would be nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
not fair!
You ask this question on Sunday, when I just bought my "next" gun on the day before!

As I posted in another thread it was a G-17 2nd gen

as for the horizon... who knows.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow. This threads got me thinking..... I actually can't think of a single pistol I want. Weird... Like a carbine though. Sub rifle or Beretta storm or 16" AR15.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm still waffling between the G27 and waiting for the Springfield XD sub-compact. Went to a local dealer today and looked at the G27 and the XD- sub-compact in 9mm (No 40's available and the 9mm is the same frame). The G27 seems to be slightly wider, while the XD (can't find the specs for it's width) seems slightly narrower and fits my hand better. I have an appointment in a town 35 miles away that has a gunshop and range which I believe rents the G27 and the XD 9mm for practice. Think this Friday I'll stop in and try them both if I can talk my driver (my wife) into reading a book or something for a half hour.

MD

G

·
until Glock decides to install a light rail on the Glock 26 and 27 the XD compact will remain an interesting "want". I like the light rail, steel mags and the added safety features that the xd has over the Glock's.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Hold up...
Safety features' value are invariably in the eye of the beholder!
To some, they're lifesavers... to others, they're a hindrance to fast, accurate shooting.
Flyer

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here we go again. Glock vs. Xd. Anyway,if you want a light rail on a Glock Subcompact so bad call Robar and see if they can put one on it for you. Also,I personally have never had any trouble with Glock "plastic mags" although technically the Drop Free's are metal lined. Moot point. If you feel so "unsafe" with a Glock, put a manual safety like Comminoli Custom's on it. I personally would want a heavier trigger on the XD since it has such a short trigger pull and no manual safety. LET THE GLOCK VS. XD WAR BEGIN......Although we should probably do this on the post about the "polymer frame" guns,you think?

·
Registered
24 Posts
8) Hi all : I recentlly bought an XD9, 4 inch(service model),and I love it !! From the first time I picked it up, the sites just came into alignment naturally for me. Nothing aganist the G pistols,except maybe $$ price$$,and never handled one that fit my hand as well as the XD. ( I know the XD is a sorta copy of the G19,but, the grip angle isn't the same or something ... YMMV \\\\\\ Wil ///

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.