Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Sub 2K a few weeks ago, 9mm Beretta configuration, and it shoots great. I needed to tweak the front sight just a bit, but when I loosened it, the whole sight blade fell all the way down.

I wasn't holding on to it and I didn't have it marked as to original position. So, I basically had to start from scratch on sighting in.

Is there a trick to adjusting the front sight without having the blade go all over the place when you need just a little tweak?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
If all you need is windage adjustment, turn one side 1/4 turn loose then turn the other side 1/4 tight... this shouldn't loosen the blade enough to slip around if it's properly tightened to begin with. If you need elevation adjustment, you have to loosen it enough to move it. If you don't know where it was, you're going to have to start from scratch and rezero it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Midiman,
Yep. That's exactly what happened. Needed to adjust elevation and must have loosened it too much and it slipped down. Had to start over.
I guess for future reference, I could use a marker and put a small spot on the sight blade for a relative reference and work from that spot.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts