Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing rare, available US made or whatever.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Is the Romanian accurate at all?
I can tell the VEPR is. It would be nice to have an an accurate one that had the traditional AK look if there is such a thing.

Another quandry is ammo/calibre. 7.62x39mm gets you the legal high cap mags but is there accurate or perhaps match ammo in that calibre? The converse is true of .223 and .308. I wonder how nasty .308 recoil is.

For those who blissfully think they have everything they want, don't view the following movie clips:
http://www.robarm.com/rav02.htm

·
Registered
205 Posts
the VEPR's are probably the most accurate, and also have the heavier duty (and weight) receiver, so not all the common stocks fit them, and I'm not sure about the normal mags....

I have an SAR-1. It is not teribly accurate, but I can hit a human sized target head at 50 yards (with a Kobra red dot) without any problem at all (but shots start to string out more as the barrel gets hotter). I love my SAR, great gun for the money (around $300), but certainly no tack driver (my .308 bolt action is for that).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang it, now I want both, I'm just a boy who can't say no.

....must....fight....urge....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about Bulgarians? I heard they were good. Unavailable?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Mr. self control fell in love (again) and bought a Russian Krinkov I saw in a gun shop today. The site is very cool, that's a big part of what sold me as well as some unique features. I was going to pass and I realized if I didn't spring it would likely be one of those occassions I'd kick myself for not doing. Anybody know where to get laminate furniture to match the dark laminate handguard? Foreign is ok in my case.

I'm going to shoot it later this evening at an indoor range if they're still open.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got back from the range shooting the Krink, a Garand, and Ruski SKS with my brother. We both thoroughly enjoyed shooting the Garand and the SKS.

The Krinkov trigger guard seemed to bang on the front of our trigger fingers while firing and was tolerable, but not very pleasant.

Is this unusual?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I printed it and gave it and the gun back to the dealer who is testing it and taking it up with the US manufacturer who made it legal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a Sar 1 and love it. The gun and ammo are very cheap, and its been reliable for hundreds of rounds. The accuracy is decent out to about 75-100 yds with iron sights. Lots of fun for the money!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love my SAR-1 with barnaul ammo 2moa with Iron sites. Best AK value on the market. You could spend $600 on an Arsenal Inc/Kvar, and they are coming out with a more desireable stamped receiver model, you would get better fit and finish, but not better accuracy, or reliablility. I put a redstar trigger and mojo peep site on mine and love it even more. Just make sure you get one that is straight, a few got through with canted sights or gas blocks. Most will be fine, but visually inspect that everything is straight just to be sure. Spending more $$ will not get you a more shootable AK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts