Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I was just wondering what type of targets everyone is using with the p23 and the p3at for that matter?
I have been using a silhouette targets when we go out. I try to use it at a distance that I think I would need if it were defense. Roughly 7 to 10 feet. I’ve heard some say don’t use silhouette’s.?
I’ve been going to http://www.glockfaq.com/targets.htm and printing out targets for the .22 rifle and the neos. Would it be silly to use any of those for the p32 or p3at?
Anyhow, I just wondered what everyone is using for targets. I’d be interested in the distance as well.
Thanks in advance.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Osama Bin Laden, Saddam and other printable targets from various online free target websites. Milk jugs and plastic cola bottles every now and then. Nope no firing range in my area. I have to improvise. :)

targetz.com

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cheapest of the cheap paper plates.

I put a quarter-sized dot in the center with a magic marker if I feel I need something to aim at.

7/10 feet. More if I'm feeling lucky and have a bunch of ammo.

bd

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Cheryl
I often use Betty Boop targets also I download targets and, as a last resort I buy silhouette targets.
But I do my best with Betty Boop.
Barry

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
targets

For practice I use paper plates.
For fun with friends, any of the download targets and size it to 8x10 with photo plus. Print out a copy and then xerox as many copies as you want.
We have a shootout several times a year using different targets. One we like best is the one found at the sharpshooter site listed by yzguy with cards. We have a deck with only the clubs, ace to 2. The 2 is wild. Shooter gets dealt 6 cards, discards one, and the remaining 5 are the cards on the target he has to hit. 5 shots only, miss entire target = 0, hit right card = 10, hit wrong card = -5. Repeat at different yds.
Picture of the target below. I erased the logo on top.
og :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!
OG, that sounds like fun. By the way I like your avatar (s).

angebar, your not teasing me are ya? I thought everyone liked Betty boop.?

Yzguy, I like the http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/targetgallery.htm site. But I’m wondering how accurate the “Here's our ever popular "correction" target which can help you look for ways to correct your grip and trigger press.” really is.? Any thoughts guys? I believe I would do ok in a defense situation but it’s always nice to be better.
Thanks for all the great links!
Merry Christmas!
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

CherylT said:
I’m wondering how accurate the “Here's our ever popular "correction" target which can help you look for ways to correct your grip and trigger press.” really is.?
It's very useful but only after you've established that the gun will shoot to point of aim.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ah, yes... I always shoot from some sort of a rest to make sure the pistol will hit where I am aming... then when I try it normaly, I know it is all me that is messing up those groups!!

but really I have only sat down and looked at that when evaluating shots with my MKII (where I am trying for far more accuracy). With my P-11 I practice for trying to hit a pie plate fast (some slow fire to just to make sure I can stop and do some trigger control, but mostly working on fast shots), and if I miss it is preatty obvious why (jerked the trigger, pulled down...)

I kinda like the small versions of the IDPA targets. I tape up 4 on one target and send it down range (in door range) and practice double taps then aquiring a new target quickly(wish it was a bit farther away, but I use what I have...)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry CherylT, I just might have been pulling your chain a bit.
I always throw in a "correction target" just because I'm left-handed and it helps keep me on track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts