Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 16" barrel cause problems with hollow points? Does it cause overpenetration when using Ball ammo? I have been using hollow points and ball ammo at the range, just to make sure everything feeds properly, but should I use different ammo than I would use in a pistol?

G

·
Fast, light fmj's

just a couple questions about the ammo. Would Strike Three ammo work, or would it not feed correctly? The same question with the CCI shot shell ammo. I don't know if those would work reliably, with the plastic tips. Especially the strike 3 ammo, because the 9mm rounds have a flat tip. Also, I have a few dozen rounds of tracer ammo that my grandfather had for has beretta. Will that work, or will it mess up the barrel?

·
Registered
205 Posts
FAST, light jhps.
Heavier ones won't enjoy much of a velocity increase from the longer barrel.
Flyer
not questioning you (I am no ballistics expert :) ) but I was thinking this would be the perfect platform for the heavier rounds... I mean, kick is not an issue and you have much more barrel length than most pistols (primarily what the round was designed for). And that a lighter HP round may speed up to much and expand a lot and quickly limiting it's penetration (which may be desirable if you were going for semi small game or something).

just my theories... am I missing something??

Also if the heavy bullets are not the best in this, what WOULD you use them for? or do you just consider them marketing hype and of no real benefit in any platform? (just wondering)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts