Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P32 has everybody forgotten this little gun? I still love mine and im in no hurry for a P3AT. :eek:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, it's not forgotten!
It's been displaced, however...
The P-3AT does what the P-32 was designed to do... only more so.
When the P-32 first came out people marveled at a .32 in a pistol lighter and more controllable than a .25.
Now they're marveling at a .380 the same size as the P-32!
After the initial year or so of fury over the .380, I'm betting each will settle down respectably in it's own respective niche.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I get all happy and joy joy when I read about the P-32, but just can't get a twitch or twinkle when the 3AT is brought up. Not knocking the 380 just like 7 well placed little bullets more than 6 slightly larger well placed bullets. Plus P-32 flows so much nicer. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
What?!!!

Gun Nut,

What?!! you have no P3AT. :cry: My gosh, man, you've got to get one and join the chaos, sorry, I mean fun here. Where else in the universe (including Flyer's base on Mars :shock: ) can you get a fine little pocket pistol for way less than $300 that you can tinker with to your heart's content and still have it function like a $600 Glock? :)
For heaven's sake, get one so you can enjoy feed ramp mods, head bonkers, ejector stuff, fluff & buff, hollowpoint tests, lack of slide lock (using paint sticks) etc. etc. :roll:
Seriously, the P3AT fires better than a P11. The trigger pull is shorter and much smoother. Accuracy is pretty darn good.
And I need some others to run hollowpoint expansion tests and compare recoil of various ammo. :?
You are missing the fun!! You can't have a name like Gun Nut and not have a P3AT! :lol:

G

·
I bought a P3AT around December of 03. Shot it a few times and had forgotten that I had it until I went through my gun safe last night. I also have a P32 and becasue I like it soo much that was why the P3AT disappeared in the safe. Another reason I have not switched over and probably the main reason is that I can't find extra mags in my area. I haven't tried KT yet and I am not keen on aftermarket mags like CDNN investments and sites like that. Years ago I bought Ram-Line mags for my Smith and Wessons and they worked great. Well they stoped making magazines (atleat for awhile) and USA mags seemed to start up where they left off. I went out and bought a "BUNCH" of USA mags, how hard could it be to duplicate a magazine. Well, some fit "slightly" and others did not fit at all and I was stuck with useless magazines. Ever since then I vowed not to trust my life and wallet to anything other than factory purchased magazines. I also saw many problems with aftermarket metal and plastic Glock mags. To me it's not worth it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, to make long statement longer. As soon as I can pick up an extra mag for my P3AT, I will switch to carrying that all the time, until then I will stay with my P32.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Oldgranpa your a Hoot! Thank you for the laugh. :) I may someday buy a P-3AT but it is gonna have to be a great deal under going value. I don't like Glocks much either..... I am just set in my way I guess :) I will collect almost anything else.

BTW I almost bought a Glock Jamomatic just to put on the CCU carbine conversion I saw at the last gun show! Now that is cool. I was able to come to my senses at the last second though. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

norfdet893 said:
Another reason I have not switched over and probably the main reason is that I can't find extra mags in my area. I haven't tried KT yet and I am not keen on aftermarket mags like CDNN investments and sites like that.
I've done a fair amount of business with CDNN and they're good people. IF they actually have the mags in stock, they won't be aftermarket mags. They'll be the same Mecgars that came with the P-3AT. They will NOT be any cheaper than buying them directly from Kel-Tec and KT's shipping may be cheaper. I'd go ahead and give KT a call (secret 800#: 515-9983) and grab 1/several before they sell out and have to wait for a new shipment. When that happens they stop selling them to the public and only dole them out with new guns... which is a rather expensive way to by extra mags.

G

·
Thanks Midi. I did not mean to insinuate that the CDNN people were not good, I just have had no good experiences with aftermarket mags.

Thanks, i'll try the number.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Agree with Midi about CDNN. Good people to do business with. All my orders have been accurate and timely. The few things I've returned have been totally hassle free.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank God!

Im glad to see that there are P32 fans out there. I may break down and buy a P3AT one of these days. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the P32 also.
Its in my front pocket right now. I take it everywhere.
:lol:
Just last week I purchased the 1 rd. mag extension for it, and I am quite pleased with it. I waited so long to get the extension, because a misinformed sales person told me that it was made of plastic and that it did not come with a spring. I am glad they were wrong.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I still love my P32! But I would like to have my OWN P3AT. The hubby has the P3AT and the P11. Me, I'm not into tinkering so I'll force myself to wait. I noticed too that P3AT has gone up a bit in my parts 289.00 now.
Tc, Cheryl

:wink:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
stay with your P32

Cheryl,
don't worry about not having a P3AT. Stay with your P32. In reality, IMHO, there is just as much firepower when you compare the results. If you look at my hollowpoint expansion thread and note the expansions and penetrations of the .380 round, they are not a whole lot better than .32cal. And the number of failures to expand are about the same too. My .32 results were posted on the other site a long while ago. Besides, with little calibers, placement is the most important thing.
So, if I had it to do all over again, I would just stay with the P32 and carry only FMJ ammo in it. It is the best BUG available in my opinion. Plus you've got a slide lock, insignificant smileys to worry about, no head bonkers, hardly any FTF or FTE problems. Again, my opinion, the P32 is the best gun Kel Tec makes.
og........been there done that ain't doing it again. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts