Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I have a jones for a nice old Krag military bolt rifle. Don't know if I'm going to scratch that itch or not.

G

·
I've always wanted a Springfield 03. I am not a big rifle shooter (I have a Colt full size AR-15 in the safe for 2 years now that has never been fired!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm going to order a Siaga 12 guge 19" with ajustable sights and screw in chokes. It's supposed to cycle fast and recoil little. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'd like to get a USGI surplus M-1 Garand -- through the Civilian Marksmanship Program....if I can find a local affiliated club.

I may venture up to the "big leagues" and get my first Class III weapon. Any suggestions here?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my experience, full auto is overrated.
By the 3rd shot you have walked off your target.
Its fun to try but hard to control without a bipod.

They also tend to be lefty unfriendly, though the Steyr AUG can fully convert to eject left-wise. I'd recommend the semi auto AUG. It is shorter and more balanced than an M4.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've got an AUG.
I like it plenty...
But, ergonomics come into play...
Throw in inherent accuracy, and I'm back to an AR for serious use.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Buck,

How did you know that I was left handed???

I shoot a pistol from my right hand (but left eye dominant) and shhot a rifle with my left hand -- even though everythin I own is for a right-hander...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I'm cross-dominant, too. Right-handed, left-eyed.
Ain't it a pain???
It's not bad with handguns, but rifles...
I use one of the little transparent "dots" that go on your shooting glasses. This blocks your right eye's direct view of the target as you focus on it, and by so doing makes your brain temporarily make your left eye the boss.
Works great!
If you forget your glasses, though, it's back to squintin'...
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That's why the ATN Red Dot Reflex sight is going on the SU-16....shoot with both eyes open!

It is a pain. I've adjusted with the rifles -- learning how to use the safeties with the wrong hand, etc. I started using pistols with my right hand mainly because most holsters were difficult to find in left-handed versions. Do do shoot equally as well with my left hand on a pistol -- just not my right hand on a rifle....simply doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't know, I just happen to be a lefty.

I like ARs, but I don't like rifles that are imbalanced and to me they are muzzle heavy.

I do however, have a jones for a Les Baer ½MOA AR. A semi auto tack driver.

http://www.lesbaer.com/ar223.html

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
What's on the list?

I do need some long guns, but besides the P-3AT,

Glock 19

Springfield Armory milspec 1911

Will probably save up for an AR-15

That M-1 Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship program is appealing.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Buck said:
I like ARs, but I don't like rifles that are imbalanced and to me they are muzzle heavy.

http://www.lesbaer.com/ar223.html
If you have an A2 stock with the trapdoor, many companies sell a triangular shaped wedge of lead you can stuff in the stock to improve balance. I found it necessary after adding the Compass Lake Engineering free float tube to my 20" National Match.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Midi,
You betcha. From the moment I held that Springfield Armory 1911 in my hand at Bass Outdoor World I haven't been able to forget how perfectly balanced it felt. It was the most natural feeling I've ever had with a pistol. I probably think about it a half dozen times a day, and I'll bet it shoots like a dream. Man, talk about gun nut infatuation. I've got it bad.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

KeysBear said:
Midi,
You betcha. From the moment I held that Springfield Armory 1911 in my hand at Bass Outdoor World I haven't been able to forget how perfectly balanced it felt. It was the most natural feeling I've ever had with a pistol. I probably think about it a half dozen times a day, and I'll bet it shoots like a dream. Man, talk about gun nut infatuation. I've got it bad.

Regards, Keys 8)
It's my wallpaper both at home and at work.

Mil-Spec Wallpaper
*warning: 3M BMP file... 1152x864 resolution

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
DANG, Midi!!!
I'd say that's quite a clear, crisp bit of photography!
When it come up it durn near hopped outta th' screen an' poked m'eye out! :D
Flyer

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am also wanting an AR-15 of some sort. Looking hard at a Arsenal Sam-7 as well. I have bought a lot of handguns lately and need to switch over for a while. I could see a Yugo SKS before they start going up in price. You can't beat these prices on those right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My latest acquisition is a Springfield 1911. I was looking for a SU-16 to keep my AR's company but the local supply has dried up. So the next is either a SU-16 or a SS Ruger 10-22 with a Bushnell 4-reticle red dot scope.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They should have called it the Spaghetti Westerner.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts