Kel-Tec Forum banner

What do you use for home defense?

  • Handgun

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shotgun

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rifle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handgun/Shotgun

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handgun/Rifle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shotgun/Rifle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Class 3 weapon (SMG,AOW,or Short-barreled Shotgun,a.k.a sawed-off shotgun)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use for home defense? I have a Glock 19 first,a Rem.870 12 ga. second,and a Rem. 700 .308 for the long shots.
 
G

·
i have whatever pistol I happen to be carrying at the time, after that I have a Mossberg 500A and if I make it to the safe.....well lets just say that's another story.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,800 Posts
Handgun.
It's more manueverable in the house than a long gun, it's always with me, and I hit what I aim at.
Of course there's always a rifle ready, too... but I'd not consider that for "defensive" situations. More a SHTF scenario. Actually, maybe even a Coyote problem, here... they're running the alleys at night, and it's only a matter of time before they start coming out in the day. So much green space is being devoured nearby you almost have to elbow deer out of your way in the woods, and the predator population is increasing proportionately.
Flyer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
Let me just say this, A loud crash at my front or rear door has me acquiring target with my Hand gun. I small crash out in the yard or horse corrals has me taking the shotgun off the wall. Buncha yelling screaming guys with pitch forks on my property has me grabbing the SU-16.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
BTW you said "Class 3 weapon (SMG,AOW,or Short-barreled Shotgun,a.k.a sawed-off shotgun)" A sawed off shotgun is not a class 3 or AOW. Ya im bored.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,516 Posts
Bumps in the night - Mossberg 12 ga.

Clunks in the back yard - Hi-Point carbine.

What the heck was that anytime? P-40.

Regards, Keys 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
Whatever pistol is handy at the time -- and a Winchester Defender by the bed.

Just noises around the house? Grab the pistol. A crash through a door during the night -- the shotgun is going with me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
45 in house, if out side I go with a shotgun and 45. A bunch of people my M-1 carbine & 45 Will take Law at least 20 to30 min to reach me So my family must be ready to handle or hold out till cav. arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
Let me just say this, A loud crash at my front or rear door has me acquiring target with my Hand gun. I small crash out in the yard or horse corrals has me taking the shotgun off the wall. Buncha yelling screaming guys with pitch forks on my property has me grabbing the SU-16.
This conjures up a humorous vision of a well-armed Frankenstein giving those arsonist villagers their come-uppance defending his homestead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
Re:

Buck said:
This conjures up a humorous vision of a well-armed Frankenstein giving those arsonist villagers their come-uppance defending his homestead.
Meeeee Liiike Buck. Meee think Buuuuck fuuuuny. I aam nooot a Monster.....

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Hanguns are the only thing I can keep loaded in the house cause of the rugrats. Locked in a pistol safe.Can't get around in here good enough with a rifle or shotgun anyway. It's no fun not being able to keep everything loaded and laying around!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,516 Posts
When my kids were smaller I used a personal safe on the nightstand with a combination lock. I could get that open pretty fast.

Regards, Keys 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
Re:

KeysBear said:
When my kids were smaller I used a personal safe on the nightstand with a combination lock. I could get that open pretty fast.

Regards, Keys 8)
Same set up pretty much cept it has 4 buttons that you have to push to make up the 5 digit code. So easy you could do it in your sleep. In fact I did once. :shock:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,800 Posts
Small thread deviation, NOT hijacking...
But.. how many of you who saw Frankenstein would have liked to see him jump down from his refuge and jam those torches down the villager's throats?
I would have!!!
Flyer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
i like the way you think!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,516 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
So easy you could do it in your sleep. In fact I did once. :shock:
Hmm, that's a scary thought. :shock:

Regards, Keys 8)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,800 Posts
I nap with my pistol in it's holster, quite often.
I think I said this somewhere before, about how I often just lie down and zippo, I'm off to sleep 'cause of my insomnia.
I've reached for my gun during my sleep more than once, especially when I'm dreaming of Cindy or -
FLYER YOU IDIOT, SHUT YER TRAP!!!
Oh... ya mean firearms...
Nevermind.
Flyer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
KeysBear said:
When my kids were smaller I used a personal safe on the nightstand with a combination lock. I could get that open pretty fast.

Regards, Keys 8)
Same set up pretty much cept it has 4 buttons that you have to push to make up the 5 digit code. So easy you could do it in your sleep. In fact I did once. :shock:
Small quick-access safe by the bed with 3 handguns (Beretta 92, S&W 357 mag, and P-32) and a Winchester 1300 Defender (7 rounds loaded) with a trigger combo lock -- I have 3 small ones too. I also have an alarm and a dog that will lick you to death!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top