Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the P-11 for its small size and low weight of 16 oz loaded.

I weigh 210 lbs with a small beer belly and my pants now sometimes seem to slip down on me.

I really want to front pocket carry , but afraid the extra pound in the front pocket will really pull my pants down

Any of you that front pocket carry have any problems with this? Or is it something you just get used too? And do you just tighten your belt more?

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pocket Carry

Ronbo,

You will get use to it after you carry it for about one month or so on a daily basis, but I personally think the P-11 is too big for pocket carry, even the P3AT just cuts it and thats all!.

No matter how you carry it, it will feel heavy for the first month, even those little north american 22 mini revolvers stay on your mind for about the first month.

I like waistband carry, the gun inside your waistband just helps your pants fit tighter around the waist and they tend to stay up more.

But if you are having a really hard time with your pants staying up, they don't look all that great but there's always suspenders.

$800 Box

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well now...
I don't think the P-11 is too big for pocket carry, and the P-3AT is practically designed for it. Seems a wonderful fit to me. As to carrying the NAA minis and having problems with them in your pocket, well... I've carried pocket knives from time to time over the years that weighed a heck of a lot more than either those or the P-3AT, and never felt bothered a bit.
You'll need an appropriate pocket holster, of course, and maybe a need to buy more suitable pants with suitable pockets... and yep, likely the belt will have to come in another notch or two.
I've got a real problem with the word "can't". I don't believe in it...
My friend who owns a gunshop is six feet tall and weighs well over 350 lbs. Big guy. In his front pocket he carries a Smith .44 Magnum Mountain revolver with a three inch barrel.
No problem!
Flyer

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just cinch that belt in another notch! When I first started carrying in the RF pocket, I felt it there all the time. Now I don't even feel it. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
North American

Flyer,

I never said that I had problems with the North American 22 mini-revolver, I said it stayed on my mind for the first month!.

Something doe's not need to be heavy to bother you!!

Probably about 30% of my customers that I have sold rings too that has never worn a ring before come back and say " This Ring Feels Funny "
I tell them to wear it for about 2 or 3 weeks and if it still bothers you I will resize it!.
Either they come back and tell me that it fits fine now!, or they just don't come back because they got used to wearing it and it no longer bothers them.

$800 Box

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, I've been thinkin' about having a Stainless Steel Lag Bolt screwed in to each hip. Then I could have *button holes* made into the coresponding areas of my pants.
***Have you guessed it ?? ***

I can*button* my pants to the bolt heads !! :) :)

What do you think ??!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
RJ,
I dunno... I'm thinking it may be time to just put aside the leatherworking gear.... put all those rivets and snaps FAR FAR away and out of sight for awhile....
'Till you feel no further urge to ask this sorta question!!! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
bolt heads

rj, i can tell you flat out that it won't work! i have two hip replacements. on both occasions i requested custom work (various and sundry accoutrements) and was turned down flat. in spite of what they cost i'm still not 6 feet tall. sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Registered
121 Posts
R.J., what kind of chemicals are you using when working on all that leather?

·
Registered
207 Posts
GLUE, that wonderful glue !

*Wicked*, is a better word.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Ronbo said:
I really want to front pocket carry , but afraid the extra pound in the front pocket will really pull my pants down

Any of you that front pocket carry have any problems with this? Or is it something you just get used too? And do you just tighten your belt more?

Thanks
I really never have a problem carrying my P-11 or P-40 in my right front pant's pocket. It's not that heavy.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts