Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want one of these and i know someone selling one..so either tell me they are the gold standard or are crapola i want it to back up my PP .32acp but i dont a 400$ piece of poop. tia all

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
GRAB IT!
The TPH is one of the most fun handguns ever devised by mankind.
It's not perfect, by any means. It tends to be very ammo sensitive, and is apt to jam until you find the round it likes... but once you DO, you're in for some serious fun.
Mine likes CCI Stingers, and not much else. BUT - it'll put five Stingers into 1-1/2 inches at 25 YARDS... not feet!
It has the typically horrid PPK-type double action pull, but the single action is VERY nice and crisp. The sights are good enough to use well, and I'cn bounce tin cans around all day until they're almost out of sight.
Plus... it's the Rolls Royce of pocket pistols. The workmanship and finish are really hard to believe until you've seen and handled one. This is ONE pistol you'll find very easy to have pride of ownership for!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
agree!

I agree! My collector friend had one at the range last month and we all lusted for it.
Let me edit that and say, my 'rich' collector friend!
og

·
Registered
79 Posts
Flyer,

My stainless TPH does very well with CCI's Velocitor rounds, and the Stingers are usually reliable as well.

Excellent little guns, IMO.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
great??

not great!!!! :lol: I can't have one. :cry: you made me spend all my money on the Beretta Tomcat, bulbman. :wink:
Cheers,
og........(but glad you convinced me to do it!)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had 2.

The stainless one jammed on everything.

The old blue German pre saturday night special one functions perfectly with standard velocity .22 ammo.

I still have the old blue one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: great??

oldgranpa said:
not great!!!! :lol: I can't have one. :cry: you made me spend all my money on the Beretta Tomcat, bulbman. :wink:
Cheers,
og........(but glad you convinced me to do it!)
we both blew our gun money on Berettas :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had about 7 of the the great little TPHs and still have one. My son still has 3 of about 5 he had.

They are very, very, ammo sensitive. Hotter is better. Stinger and Velocitor and Aquilla superduperextrahotandfastest is good as well.

They are a pretty sensitive to being kept clean. With practice you will be able to shoot it superbly accurately. I used to shoot mine against people with rifles at the range when I was younger and my son still does... and usually wins!

As has been mentioned here, they are accurate enough with the particular ammo they like to hit a can at 100 yards or more, most every shot, if you do the job. They make a good shooter look GREAT.

Mine is sometimes available for $4,500.00 or so, with an extra mag.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It occured to me that many people have no idea what a TPH looks like!
Well, let's fix that...

Great, GREAT pistol, with it's favorite ammo. That book I'm readin' ain't half-bad, either! 8)
Flyer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts