Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys thinks of these. I had one that I had to send back to S&W to have the magazines fixed. The muzzle brake, at the end kept coming unscrewed as well. Anyway when it came back from S&W the mags. worked fine. Then I started reading on different forums that the frames were weak and the rails were slowly falling apart. I traded hers to keep from having a lemon 1000 rounds down the road. Now I am second guessing the move. First it is a .22 and there is no recoil to shake something loose. Second it did shoot very well after S&W fixed the mags. and I tightened the brake screws tight as hell. Maybe I should buy a short barrel version to keep away from the brake problems. They are sure neat looking with those O.D. green frames now. Any opinions? Also this was my wifes gun and she really did like it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I looked at/handled some of these at a recent gunshow here. They were having a special where you got both barrels with the gun. I think they had the olive, gray, and maybe even a blue color available. I can't remember the price, but I think it was reasonable.

I liked the way it felt in my hand and thought about taking one home -- but I couldn't justify a need for it. The caliber was too small for a self-defense gun and I have better target/plinkers in .22LR -- so, I passed it by.

It sure was a sweet feeling gun, though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi there,

I just got the OD P22 Target (5"). Have not shot him yet. However, I did rent one and put about 100 rounds through that, I did not have one ounce of trouble. I felt the Extension on the end after I was done shooting, as I was wondering if the screws would come loose or not. It was still nice and tight. The fit is why I loved this gun from the get go. It feels fantastic and shot even better. I'm taking my man to the range this week to shoot if to the first time, I'm praying he performs like the rental.

Katy

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I just got the OD P22 Target (5"). Have not shot him yet.
Yo Katy,
Are you wunna those people that name their guns?
People like that are supposed to be... well, sortta... oh heck, forget it.
The P-22 is a VERY nice little pistol, plagued with a faulty magazine at first that's since been corrected. New production pistols are very reliable and fun guns.
Flyer
(Hey Katy... just kidding! My favorite 1911 is named Maksaskchari.)
F.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For the money, I think there are better guns. My was just TOO finicky on ammo to be worth the effort. Now, if it had been a $2000 super-special-olympic-gold-winning-wonder gun, then I'd be willing to feed it pedigree ammo. But the P22 is a plinker, and by my definition, a plinker should be able to digest the cheapest crap on the planet.

For $250 you can get a nice Ruger Mk2 or 22/45, several choices from Taurus, a Beretta Neos, a conversion kit for a bigger caliber weapon, etc. For $350, you can get that EAA Ishmash target shooter! The next 22 plinker I'm gonna try is the Firestorm 22 (Bersa). Should have it in a week or two.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I intend to. Also, I thought I'd eventually put up a website for personal firearm reviews. Of course, the website may take a month or two.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I own a Walther P-22...the day I bought it me and 2 of my buddies put close to a 1000 rounds through it...Since then it probably has had close to 5000 rounds through it without any problems...it doesnt seem to like Blazer .22's that much but other than that I LOVE IT!!!...I even use it to craft holsters (I am to cheap to buy a dummy!) and it STILL looks new...I recommend this one to anyone...A suppresed version is on my hit list for this year :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello everyone - i have one question- how hard is it to legally get a suppressor for the p-22? i relize that i would have to go through a class 3 dealer and get aproval from the local police cheif and pay a $200 tax- is there anything else? thanx in advance ( in wisconsin- if that makes a difference )

·
Registered
43 Posts
Flyer, I don't really "name" my guns. Just assign a gender based on the looks of it, and my P22 is most def. a male. I didn't take offense.

I finally took my new "man" (P22) to the range. I have already called Walther and requested a new mag. I was having tons of trouble with just that one. The other mag was fine. I only had time to put about 250 rounds through him as "my little friend" (P3AT) was begging for me to give it some attn. I'm heading back to the range tonight to hopefully put 500 through him. I'm really happy with it and glad I made the decision to go with the Walther.

Katy

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have enough trouble naming my holsters much less a pistol :lol:

On the subject of suppressors it depends on the state you live in...Check with the Att. Gen of your state and see what state regs say...here in NC it is legal and isnt that big a deal..just alot of paperwork and waiting...Plus the $200.00 tax fee thingy :cry:

Anyways...one "can" I can suggest is the paradigm (sp) by Tom Bowers..cost is ok and quality is nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts