Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced problems using Wally World white box? I was having a problem with one of my 9mm's so did my own little "uncontrolled" test using: 1. Wally World White Box. 2. American Eagle. (red box) 3 UMC (yellow box). I had numerous problems with the WW ammo, zero with the other two brands. Also while not a factor, the WW seems to "smoke" more when fired. I hate to think the WW stuff isn't quality controlled to the extent as to be reliable, because I love the price. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks PX :wtf:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Almost everyone uses the White box ammo... usually with very good results.
It's possible that you just got stuck with a substandard production run... I wouldn't give up on it just yet, but give it another try.
Once the store runs out of that particular lot, of course!
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've never had any problems with the cheap winchester ammo from Wally World. It does seem to be pretty dirty, but that doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
walmart ammo

I have bought a box of the 9mm 100 count ammo from Wal-Mart,

I had a couple problems with one of my P-11s not pulling out the empty cases twice.

I have noticed that these bullets are also longer than a normal 9mm round, I don't think that is what caused my problem though, I think that maybe my gun just got dirty or something because there was no rip where the extracter pulled on the rim.

I just don't like the way this stuff is made, I do not know what they use to coat the bullet with, it is a light gold color but don't look like brass.

$800 Box

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It IS brass... almost all the White Box ammo is brass-jacketed except the .45 ACP..
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
The Winchester value ammo shoots dirty, but a good cleaning takes care of that. It's good enough for practice, but I wouldn't hoard it for any EOTW preparedness.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts