Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Walked out with a Beretta storm (and an empty bank account!) Without shooting it I am very impressed, should be a lot of fun at the range tomorrow. The trigger is heavy (not as heavy as the Sub they had) but it should lighten up in a few hundred rounds. Putting those few hundred rounds through it however is going to be very difficult. Simply put, the 10 round supplied mags are HORRIBLE!!! I can only stuff five or six rounds into it before my fingers start to hurt and the front of the cartridge in the mag takes a nose dive, making it even harder to load. The fact that Beretta is going to send me two hicaps when the ban sunsets makes me feel a little better. I will definetly be buying a couple of cheap surplus hi caps to tide me over, those ten rounders are just going to sit in a damned drawer. Pics/results tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
tough to load mags

after i bought my makarov the darn things were impossible to load. i found a loader that is just an oval ring that fits on my thumb that has a post to push the top round down. works on any mag and is really slick. there were 4 different sizes in the pack. who knows the brand name? :?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
bulbman, after seeing the tarriff [msrp] on those things, beretta should furnish a little guy to follow you around and load the mags for you! :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, a mag midget!
Yeah, Beretta must be making a killing on these things, all plastic except for the bolt and a few other parts, costs them at most a couple hundred to make, probably a lot less. If they can get people to pay the price they want though, more power to 'em! I'd much rather a gun company make money than fail, especially one that supports the NRA so much

I think Ive seen those mag loaders at gun shows and the like before, they work alright? Seems like it would save a lot of wear and tear on your thumb.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have seen those oval rings but have no idea where I saw them at.

A few months ago, there was some at a gun show

·
Registered
35 Posts
That CX Storm...

I'm thinking I may have to have one in .45. My dealer says October soonest. I have a little cash stashed and I'm thinking to ask if I can pay it down as a deposit on the first one coming in. Just keep paying until it arrives.

I like that gun!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, just took it to the range and it performed flawlessly, no problems whatsoever in the 75 rounds or so I shot through it. Pretty accurate too, all in the black offhand at 20 yards (indoor range so thats as far as she goes) and I'm sure I'll get better with some practice.

All I can say is I'm not loading those mags for anyone but me. If my Dad wants to shoot it, he'll be the one cutting up his thumb on the cartridge rims, not me!

As for the .45 version, I would only buy it if Beretta or a quality magazine maker came out with a 15 or 20 round mag for it. 8 rounds just isn't impressive for a carbine.

Perhaps I'll need to come out with a revised charging handle and a spare mag holder for it; I've got one mag rubber banded to that bottom swoopey part (technical term for it you know) but that's not exactly pretty. Spent the whole day fabbing a flashlight bracket for my G2 to fit on the front extendo-rail and it looks darn good if I do say so myself!!

Anyways, can't wait to get out to the USFS lands to really put her through her paces!

/edit Here she is!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The little thumb ring mag loaders are called: wait for it,

Magloader

They come is several sizes, both thumb sizes and ammo sizes. Simple little things that will make others laugh until they try one. Works great, weighs nothing, easy to carry and really saves wear and tear on your thumbs.

The package says you can find them at: wait for it,

www.magloader.com

Had to hunt for five minutes through my closet to find the package, then felt like an idiot for forgetting the name. Oh well, not the first time, won't be the last.

CA

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
mag-loader

how about that! what a great place this is. those really work great and inexpensive too. i knew those ca-guys were good for something. :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just ordered one off their website. Went and bought a preban 15 round noname type mag today, looks like it'll work, but its easy to load so it'll tide me over 'till I can get some mec-gar's or beretta factory 15 or 20 rounders.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Putting my own Storm on deposit Monday

I did go see my local dealer and he is taking deposits for the 45 cal Storms. So Monday I'm plunking down a bit to get my name on the 3rd one to be delivered, sometime in October.

Its $599 + tax here in Utah.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Now when is someone going to wise up and make a carbine in 10mm?
For a pistol caliber carbine, I prefer the 9mm... much flatter trajectory than the .40 or .45.
Put a 10mm in there, though, and you've got one serious weapon using hot loads... I wouldn't feel underarmed within 125 yards or so with one against pretty much any rifle round!
Go past that distance, though, and it's time to put away the pistol calibers... all of 'em.
Flyer

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think a nice hot .357 Sig load would be pretty cool, especially if you get an interchangeable barrel with .40 S&W

But I thought that 10mm as a caliber was starting to die off, not many manufacturers make 10mm guns I thought, and the ammo selection isnt really there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts