Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concealibility comes in different forms. Finding the perfect balance between power and size.

what you see is a davis(derringer).32, Kel-Tec P3AT, and my favorite, Beretta 9000s in a .40 caliber. :lol:

(Pics aren't so good because they were taken with my Palm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice!

Did you extend the grip on the kel-tec or is it just the shadow?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put on a hogue jr grip on and a Bersa Extension. The combo of the two helped tremendously controlling the fierce recoil of the P3AT. I wish the pics were better. The Beretta (pic on botttom), comes with a grip that sort of molds to your hand. It's a rubbery polymer.Then, when pressure is applied on the grip, a mag. extension automatically pops down enabling your pinky to get a grip, too. It is truely an awesome design.

·
Registered
205 Posts
that sounds pretty cool!! (the auto pop down extension thing..)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Other concealment options

Unfortunately I do not know where I got this small holster. I think it used to hold a revolver.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's another comfortable way to go, NO MATTER HOW YOU WEAR YOUR SHIRT.

Keep in mind that this was a tight-fitting shirt (one size too small) just to illustrate how well the holster conceals.

Front view, concealed. Weapon = Bersa Thunder 380 with spare magazine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Draw in motion. I like this holster because the draw forces one to place the weak hand on the shirt (to untuck shirt and have hand in safe position) prior to weapon acquisition.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
ppmd,
Yep, I know a lot of folks like that method of concealment, and it IS handy for deep concealment.
But, I've gotta tell you, I've spent considerable time "spotting" folks for unauthorized CC, and in that second pic of yours the pistol stood out like a cantaloupe under your shirt, to me!
Flyer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
ppmd,
But, I've gotta tell you, I've spent considerable time "spotting" folks for unauthorized CC, and in that second pic of yours the pistol stood out like a cantaloupe under your shirt, to me!
Flyer
To those of us who actually take the time to think about concealment, I think just about any method is "obvious" to us. Keep in mind that was a smaller than usual shirt, as you can see from the first image (look around the shoulders - clearly too small). I can guarantee that you will not know and will not be able to detect that weapon if a properly sized shirt was worn.

I can take the time to reshoot another set of images, but I simply don't have the patience or time...

Imagine a P-3AT with a spare mag under that shirt... INVISIBLE!

Just don't let anyone place their arms around you from the left...

ppmd - advocate of the unfriendly don't-touch-me holster

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone needs to remember that we are all guns owners and many of us carry concealed. We are more alert and knowledgable in noticing firearms on a person than the average "Jo."

I don't think that the average person would have any idea that I was carrying when I am in a suit(my work attire).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's another (best) option - in the pocket!

Also shown is spare magazine pouch on the belt that mounts horizontally for comfort and is much less conspicuous.

ppmd

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hmm the belly band is good for concealment, but what happens if you have a stomach like I do. I do have a bellyband and have actually worn it under my jeans at work, with my .38 sitting on the hip..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re:

cloak said:
Hmm the belly band is good for concealment, but what happens if you have a stomach like I do. I do have a bellyband and have actually worn it under my jeans at work, with my .38 sitting on the hip..
Diet and exercise? Gastroplasty?

Belly band is EXCELLENT for concealment. It's accessible sitting in a car and completely discrete.

ppmd - who has the perfect concealment body

·
Registered
43 Posts
My imagination is running wild after seeing that picture of PPMD pulling his shirt up. I'm thinking he should just take the shirt off to give us a better idea of exactly how that belly band works - tee hee hee.

Katy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts