Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to spend a lot on a holster. Looked at Unkle Mikes in pocket holster for my P-32. Debating over the size 2 or a little bigger size 3. I tried both with the gun in my pocket. I really felt the size 2 the gun was a little to snug. The size 3 it was pretty loose, but the gun came out of it a little better, I think.

Anyway, do any of you carry your P-32 with a front pocket Unkle Mikes holster and if so which size holster is working best for you?

Thanks

G

·
use the Uncle Mike's #1 modified to hold and extra mag. Used it with the P32 and now the P3AT. Neither of them printed at all and it is a nice comfortable way to carry in left hand pocket with an extra mag.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
pocket holster

before you buy an uncle mike, go to azrael's site and take a look at his "economy model". i've ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet. at the price it seems it can't be beat.it's only a dollar or two more for a leather holster that certainly seems a lot less bulky than a mike's. it's built to fit the specific gun. wait a few days and i'll post my impressions. up front it seems we can't go wrong. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
"Personal Opinion Only" here, of course...
But I believe R.J. Hedley makes the "Rolls Royce" of pocket holsters.
Simply incredible craftmanship; you've just gotta see one to believe it!
Flyer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Bryon

Be sure and put a reponse on KTrange as to how that Azrael works out for you. It's hard to believe the price for a leather holster.

Be sure and respond as to if it prints or not.

How soon before you get it? How quick does he get these to you?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ronbo,

You get what you pay for. I carried one of RJ's front pocket holsters with my P-32 for four years 24/7. Although the holster showed little wear, he offered to rehab the holster -- free of charge -- and I took him up on his offer.

I now carry the P-3AT in another of RJ's holsters daily -- and it is wearing just the same.

For $40, you can't do better!

www.hedleyholsters.com

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
pocket holster

ronbo, i sent the money order a week ago past thursday. was hoping it would be here today but it wasn't. i'm betting on monday. will be sure and let you know my impression. :D

G

·
well, now i'm interested. i sent RJ an e-mail asking if a pocket holster for the P3AT will also fit a P32. i would like to have one holster for both. will probably give one a try soon. byron, thanks for the part. it makes all the difference with the P3AT. haven't shot it yet but it is nicer when drawing and pointing. hopefully this week i will be able to get by the range and give it a go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't speak for others, but at K&D Holsters, we do not consider P-32 and P-3AT holsters interchangeable. If you must have one do double duty, order for the 3AT and the P-32 will fit, it will just be a bit loose. Pocket holsters don't require a lot of retention, so it will work fine.

If you want a perfect fit though, you are probably better off with two holsters. Ultimately, $35 to $40 for the second most important part of your "carry system" is not hard to justify.

Duane
[email protected]
www.KDHolsters.com

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
RJ "bones" the holster to fit each gun. The slides are slightly different. If you are going to buy one for double duty, I suggest ordering one for the P-3AT and use it for both.

As seen in the pictures below, the P-32 easily fits into the P-3AT holster, but the P-3AT would require force to get it into the P-32 holster. Over time, it would distort the holster making it loose for the P-32.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the DeSantis Nemissis, and for $16.99 I,m very satisfied with it. So far it's holding up pretty good and like American Master Card I never leave home without my P-32.

·
Registered
40 Posts
flyer, Midiman, & flyandscuba:

Before my wife took it over, I carried my P32 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster (or inside the waistband with the belt clip, sans holster) with no complaints. But y'all convinced me in this thread to try something different with my new P3AT. Today I exchanged a few e-mails with Mr. Hedley & ended up ordering one of his front-pocket holsters & the matching mag-pouch. If his holsters are as "high-caliber" as his demeanor (he was very nice answering my questions, etc.), I expect to be very well-pleased! :D

BTW, I made sure to tell him exactly where I heard about him!

It's kind of funny... I buy "off the rack" holsters (UM, Fobus, or - at best - Galco, Bianchi, etc.) for my much-more-expensive handguns. I've always been tempted to order a custom rig from (Alabama's own) Thad Rybka, but I never went to the trouble. So here I am buying my first "custom/handmade" holster for one of the least-expensive pistols I own. But it will be with me most of the time - ALL of the time when I can't have anything bigger on me - so I guess it makes sense. (FTR, something bigger is ALWAYS in the car. :wink: )

Thanks for the info - I'll let y'all know how I like it when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Hardshell,

Trust me -- you WILL NOT be disappointed!

An interesting note, when declaring my P-3AT in my checked baggage at the airport today -- the TSA agent took more interest in my Hedley holster than he did in the HC P-3AT! He wrote down RJ's website address so he could shop for himself...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ditto to what F&S said...
In fact, you'll probably have a hard time inserting your P-3AT into the holster the first time... not 'cause it's a tight fit, but you won't want to scratch up the insides of the holster!
And when you pull it OUT of your pocket... you'll end up making sure the holster's all nice and lint free before paying any attention to the gun. That's what I do, anyway!
Flyer

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the confidence, I try hard to deliver a good product. Matter of fact, I do the BEST I can do, each day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts