Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Streamlight M3 or M6. Quick on/off the weapon, very reliable, affordable. If you want to step up a notch (and spend more money), Surefire X200. There are many other more exotic (and more expensive) options from Surefire & others, but these should be just about right on the SUB. I have a half-dozen M3s that share duty among a dozen or more weapons with either dedicated mounts or integrated rail systems, so I use them quite a bit.

FWIW, I mounted a short attachment rail (the Streamlight M3 AR15 mount, actually) for an M3 on my SUB-2000 (see below) before I even knew there was a Kel-Tec factory rail available. I mounted it directly to one side of the forearm so it wouldn't interfere with folding. I now have a K-T rail on the way, so I will be trying it out soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its a flashlight.
Here is another picture with the flashlight removed.
And the laser remote switch is being held on with a piece of bike tire inner tube. Its black, but the picture makes it look reflective.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Roger3 said:
Its a flashlight.
Here is another picture with the flashlight removed.
And the laser remote switch is being held on with a piece of bike tire inner tube. Its black, but the picture makes it look reflective.
Ok darn it I wish I had thought to use the Bike tube on the for arm. :) Mind if I borrow it? I have an idea for its use....

·
Registered
23 Posts
What mount is that on the side for the flashlight, and how does it attach?(Obviously screws in, but drill and tap, or what?)
Hardshell, an M6 affordable? They cost as much as the SUB2K! If you're playing in that leaugue, why not just get a 9mm AR and be done with it!? :wink: That said, I like the M6's a lot, just can't afford one yet! :) (Spending all my money on 9mm and 7.62x54R ammo!) :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re:

entropy said:
...Hardshell, an M6 affordable? They cost as much as the SUB2K! If you're playing in that leaugue, why not just get a 9mm AR and be done with it!? :wink: That said, I like the M6's a lot, just can't afford one yet! :) (Spending all my money on 9mm and 7.62x54R ammo!) :lol:
I was referring to the roughly $100 M3 (like I said, I have a half-dozen of them rotating among my weapons), not the M6 (I don't have any of those yet). And I meant affordable in the sense that it is less expensive than many of the comparable SureFire offerings (I have dedicated SureFire forearms on some of my tactical shotguns, but I find the M3s work just fine for me on handguns & rifles).

And while I may be "playing in that league" (I own more than a dozen ARs in 6 different calibers, including an Oly 9mm), let me assure you that I am not "done with it" - I always find something else that I just have to get... :wink:

And, for the record, there are several things that my SUB2000 (and my wife's SUB9) do better than my 9mm AR, Marlin Camp Carbine, or other pistol-caliber carbines I own (especially in the transportability arena) - although I routinely get blasted for making comments like that over at my usual home-away-from-home-on-the-net, AR15.com. :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Good to see another AR fan on the board. I only have two... soon they will be breeding and there will be three as I completely rebuild an unbearably expensive match rifle to replace the one I currently use in competition. I send so much money on the match guns that I haven't really been able to trick out the M4... but it doesn't really need much of that anyway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Ok darn it I wish I had thought to use the Bike tube on the for arm. Mind if I borrow it?
No Problem.

entropy wrote:
What mount is that on the side for the flashlight, and how does it attach?(Obviously screws in, but drill and tap, or what?)
Its a Streamlight AR-15 tactical mount ($14). No tapping. I only had to drill 2 holes in the plastic forearm. The screws attatch to a small treaded alluminum plate inside the forearm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Streamlight mount

8) Gotta get me one of those! I just bought a new charging handle from ashley, next will be the picatinny mounts...I'm doing this on a budget, so one step at a time.... :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re:

Roger3 said:
Its a Streamlight AR-15 tactical mount ($14). No tapping. I only had to drill 2 holes in the plastic forearm. The screws attatch to a small treaded alluminum plate inside the forearm.
That's the same set-up I used on the SUB pictured above. It works fine, but I'm looking forward to trying out the factory mount.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beware of ordering anything from Botach...
I had a problem ordering some tactical pants (FBI 5.11's) from them 2 years ago. They were out of stock and didn't tell me for over a month, had to get them somewhere else.

I do get my lithium batteries from them for my SureFire flashlight. No problems there yet. :::::knocking on wood:::::

Den

1 - 17 of 17 Posts