Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title says it all. I did the HC slide exchange, worked out some feeding bugs by polishing up the contact points, now it works well with Cor Bon JHPs, PMC Starfire and Win value pack ammo. What didn't come up during the range session was the unloading of a chambered round.
With the slide fully retracted to the rear, the nose of Cor Bon (0.948" COL) ammo hangs up on the upper right corner of the barrel hood and just barely clears the foreword edge of the ejection port. I removed the recoil spring assembly to see if the new spring was preventing rearward travel when compressed- No difference. The only thing I haven't checked (Too early to wander outside & play with a loaded gun..) is to remove the ejector (New) and retract the slide w/ round to the rear to see if the ejector may be too long, causing a triad of contact between the round, extractor claw, ejector and barrel hood that would limit the rearward travel of the slide.
I suspect that I'm not the only one who's had this problem but was unable to find similar problems and fixes listed.
Any thoughts/ solutions?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You should be able to unload the round fairly easily by removing the mag and pushing the case down from underneath the extractor.
If it doesn't do this when firing I wouldn't worry about it.. obviously the round is either a bit long or the ejector is too long, but if it's working well it's probably a good idea to leave it alone.
I posted a new barrel mod in the M&M section that most likely would cure this...
Flyer

G

·
I had the same problem with the regular slide. I found that at some point when the round would hand eject out that the gun started to have excessive FTE's. I replaced the slide with a HC one and no more shooting problems but now I am back to having to eject a live round out with my thumb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies and advice. I haven't made time yet to check on the ejector length as the cause, but if it is, I'll try trimming it until I can eject a live round. I have spare ejectors, in case I ruin it or have ejection problems.
The concern is over the inability to eject a round that fails to fire. The Tap-Rack-Bang drill would be impossible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last night I trimmed the ejector bit by bit, until the round just clears the barrel hood and slide. To the range today for a 150 round test fire session. I'm taking my Gunsmith box w/ spare ejectors in case I need to fit another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts