Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my su to the range yesterday, using UMC ammo. I used the same brand last week w/o any problems, but this week, ever round was a fte? I also put some pca, spectra(the polymer cased ammo) through w/o a hitch. my ejector was stripping a little piece of the brass from the umc on every round. it got to the point that I was shooting only one round in the mags?
any idea's? the pca is great, and was cheaper than brass, but, not as easy to get. I cleaned the gun after my last shooting, didn't see anything wrong. could the ammo be bad? is umc reloads? any help as always is greatly appreciated.

ps. if I closed and opened the bolt, the spent round came right out, and didn't look any worse for wear, other than the small piece the ejector took

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had the same problem when using UMC with the stock magazine but the problem didn't repeat when using the same cartridge with a Colt AR15 mag, strange? (It also left a strangely large amount of brass particles on the inner wall of the receiver).

I found the best performing ammunition to-date in all mags is a 45 grain JHP Winchester load (it's $8 for a box of 40 in Wal-Mart), never had any feed problems and great, consistent, accurate groups @ 100 yards often as tight as 1"!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ammo

I tried w/ factory mags and w/ an orlite. same problem. but not w/ the pca.

as far as the other ammo, I got wallyworlds around, its only about 7.50 for the winchester, but I live in ma, can't have ammo shipped here anymore.
I used to buy ammo online, have it shipped ups, even w/ the shipping I still saved a bundle.

I crapped out w/ buying wolf, now I crapped out buying umc.
looks like it's time to try to pick up a case or 2 of pca or winchester. I got a couple of shows coming, so hopefully I'll get lucky.
thanks for the input

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've stayed out of this thread, 'cause of my longstanding battle with all types of Remington ammo to function at ALL in my guns without causing damage. :roll:
However, I now feel safe in suggesting your rifle doesn't like Remington.
I finally tracked down some of the Remington Golden Saber 102 gr. .380 ammo... I'm still trying to work up courage to give it a try. I'm figuring which of my P-3ATs has the most wear in case I get the usual results. :shock:
Flyer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts