Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: is the p-32 safe to dry-fire?
Question 2: I noticed today while putting 100 rounds down-range, that after I fire a round and I'm letting the trigger go forward again that I hear/feel two clicks as the trigger resets. Is this normal? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Ok, well I've dry-fired it maybe 20 or 30 times. Anyway to tell if anything's broken? What can happen if you dry-fire it? Thanks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Re snap-caps:
I'd invest in a set of A-Zoom machined aluminum. These are the best; the plastic ones tend to de-molecularize themselves after only a few uses...
Flyer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Expect to pay about $15 in a retail store. I know that a lot of what I buy for my shooting needs I could buy cheaper online, but I found a gun store that I would like to see prosper, so i don't mind giving them my business.

As to the firing pin, if you do the Fluff-n-Buff, take a good look at the firing pin, for cracks, metal fatigue points, etc.. I don't think 20-30 snaps is going to be a problem, but stop it before it becomes a habit. If you can't find good snap caps, then stick a spent casing in there. Much better than nothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A-Zooms one at a time

You can buy A-Zoom snap caps by the package or you can get them one at a time at pistoleer.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I removed and inspected the firing pin last night and everything seems to be okay. I re-read the manual for my P32 and I didn't see anything about dry-firing in it, but why take the chance. Thanks again all for the help.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
It's important to remember the firing system of the P-32 and P-3AT...
Both depend upon a super-lightweight firing pin and zero-inertia hammer for both firing and safety.
This means that when the hammer hits the pin, that puppy goes flying!
Dry-firing will lead to deformation of the firing pin hole, crystallization of the tip, and breakage of the firing pin. It'll also bulge it where it emerges from the pin hole.
Flyer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts