Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I recently got two new P-32's, "123XXX" and a "C1YXX" and couldn't be happier.

The first thing that I did, following inspection, was to de-grease the guns with alcohol, and complete a basic F/B. I then re-greased them, and set off to the range.

I fired 150 Rds through each gun with 100% function. Each gun was fired strong hand, weak hand, limp wristed, rapid fire, slow fire... with 100% function. Sights were dead on out to 15 yards (Max Dist on my range). Each gun was cleaned and inspected every 50 RDs. Firing was done at a private 24/7 indoor range (4 Mi from home), I was the only one there and was able to take my time.

When my wife fired, I noticed that thanks to the very high slide design of the P-32, that she was able to grip it in the same manner as she would a revolver ( by wrapping her off hand thumb around the back of her strong hand), without any fear of "slide bite". This gave her a very firm two hand grip, and she was able to shoot the P-32 with minimal fatigue and maximum control.

Along with the guns we got two spare Mags, two Uncle Mikes Pocket holsters, one case of .32 FMJ Winchester (the dealer traded me even up for a case of .380 FMJ), and two Keltec IWB gun clips are on the way. We're carrying with one Fed HSHP in the tube and FMJ in the Mag.

Keltec, you you have a winner!
:D :D

PS: Sub 2000 (Glock .40) may soon be heading my way...[/b]

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
excellent!!

Congratulations and thanks for your excellent report! The P32 IS the best .32
Cheers, and welcome to KTR.
og

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
serial....

Mike,
be sure to look for one with a serial no. beginning with a letter,
like Cxxxxx.
og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
RVER,
Welcome to the Range!
Glad to hear your P-32s are happy... now just keep them clean and well-fed, exercise them regularly, and they're grow into big, strapping - er, um, I mean, they'll become nicely broken in, and one of your very favorite guns! 8)
Looking forwards to more posts!
Flyer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oldgranpa,
I called Keltec and spoke to a service Tech regarding when the guns were manufactured, and if the 123XXX needed a parts upgrade.

He advised that 123XXX was manufactured in early 04 and that it did not need a parts upgrade, and that C1XXX was manufactured around 06/04.

I did notice a difference in the take down pins, in that C1XXX has the newer grooved pin where 123XXX has the older design. I prefer the older design as it's much easier to remove the pin fro cleaning, although I understand the reason for the new pin style.

Please let me know if you know different,
Thanks!
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts