Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my P-11, it's become my primary carry gun. The one thing I don't care for though is the long trigger pull. Anyone know if it's possible to change trigger to shorten the pull length?

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is absolutely possible. I modded mine to have a 0.55" pull travel set to end just shy of the grip, and made the original "v" pin to reduce the pull weight to 6.5#. It's the "perfect" P-11 trigger, IMNSHO.

I posted instructions on how to do that on TFL and THR. yzguy (with permission) added pics and edited the instructions to make them easier to follow. He has his own website with them and all kinds of other interesting info about KTs and other things on it.

Just search for yzguy here or on any of the other boards. His sig usually has his website address on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blackhawk, has anyone done any experimenting to see how far you can go with the v-pin modification? I followed the instructions when I modded my P-11, but got to thinking about how the decision was made on how large of a "v" it was possible to go with before reliability (or other) issues arose.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re:

emc said:
Blackhawk, has anyone done any experimenting to see how far you can go with the v-pin modification? I followed the instructions when I modded my P-11, but got to thinking about how the decision was made on how large of a "v" it was possible to go with before reliability (or other) issues arose.

Thanks,

Ed
My calculations were empirically based. I fired primed cases with the spring tension at various settings to determine the final measurement based on the primer indentation. I was hoping to be able to hit 6.5#, and the dimple was identical to when it was 8.5#. I don't know how much farther you could go, but I don't want a DAO of the weight of a P-11 to have a lighter trigger. I also felt that light strikes would be more likely.

I also cut coils from my firing pin spring to compensate for the lessened hammer spring tension based on the idea that they were both much stronger than necessary. It's been over 2 years now, and my P-11 has never had a light strike or had any other issues from the mod except that it sure makes it easy and fun to shoot compared to the stock trigger.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did Blackhawks trigger mods, and put in the Wolff 5% extra power FP spring, and as long as the FP channel and FP is keept smooth, clean and slightly lubed, all is well (I remove and clean it every year or 1,000 rounds). Just remember that the lighter you go the less friction the FP can overcome to still make a good hit on primers.

one more thing that I do is use S&B sometimes for practice. If I ever get a light strike with S&B (harder primers than my carry round) I'll know it's time to clean out the FP. This should tell me before it gets bad enought to affect the primers on my carry round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts