Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P3AT has developed an irritating quirk. With the gun empty, and not magazine in place, I insert a loaded magazine, and rack the slide. The cartridge loads okay, but the trigger doesn't reset (or if it was already set, it un-sets). I can get the trigger to reset just by "flicking" the trigger a couple of times. It does this with alarming regularity. When shooting, the trigger resets fine. As I carry my P3AT as a BUG, and I don't carry reloads for it, this is not an immediate problem. It certainly isn't confidence inspiring.

Any Ideas anyone? I have not dismantled the gun beyond regular field stripping.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't believe it is related to the assembly pin. I had the same exact problem with one of my P-32s (never had an assembly pin problem with it). The trigger would not reset on occasion with racking it to chamber a round. It did this sometimes when empty too. I would just have to push the trigger forward with my finger and it would "click" and reset. It did not do this initially but started doing it after 350+ rounds. As with yours, it was never a problem when actually shooting it.

I don't know what the problem was - I was sending my other P-32 in for some updates and decided to throw this one in along with it as the shipping cost was the same for 2. I sent a letter describing the problem along with it and it came back working fine.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Sounds to me like your trigger/hammer bar is just a bit "grungy" with the preservative KT puts on it's pistols...
A thorough dousing and cleaning with Break-Free will likely clean up any remaining ****, and the bar move freely as intended.
Just apply it to the bar (between the grip and frame on the right side) by dropping a few drops into the tiny gap, and work the trigger a dozen or so times, and see if this helps.
Flyer

·
Registered
205 Posts
there also could be something in the trigger bar area causing it to hang up a bit. Plastic flashing has been reported to make it's way in there and cause this type of thing a couple of times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts