Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a easy way to shorten the trigger pull some.

Mine discharges at darn near the back of the trigger guard, no need for a trigger overtravel adjustment on this gun. I know this is a safety condition, but I would like a little less length of pull if possible.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Have to add material to front of trigger, but not so much you can't get your finger in there. Somewhere somebody had an aluminum adapter that could be fastened to the front. But you can just use some industrial epoxy putty (got some at Ace Hardware locally) and build up the front that way. Also, I slid a piece of rubber tube over it to sort of cushion the recoil.
Just use imagination and start with some cardboard while you dry fire to see what can be done and how much you might need for the permanent fix. (Or build it up with camoflauge Duck tape. :lol: )
Flyer, our chief gunsmith will have some good ideas.
og.....the P3AT was made for tinkering.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You could also add materiel to the trigger bar , but that would require some fancy welding. You could remove metal from the hammer engagement surface. Oh! oh! You could make a new trigger out of aluminum that angles.... ok ok so that would be harder that the rest, but It could be done. :wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You CAN increase the trigger's thickness, or make a grip extension that adds extra reach for the trigger finger, making it easier to handle.
However, if you'll try squeezing the trigger directly back as if you were trying to push it into the webbing between your thumb and trigger finger, this will make the trigger feel easier to break.
Flyer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts