Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hammer spring in my new P3AT is showing about 1/8 inch in back of the trigger.. Tried pushing it in further without luck.
Does anyone know if this is normal or should it be seated all the way in?? If so how is this done?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
A bit confused, here... your hammer spring?
Do you mean your trigger pin?
If you mean the pin, yes, it should be seated all the way up into the recess inside the back of the trigger. Use a file or similiar instrument to push it up, and put some blue Loc-Tite on it for good measure.
As for your hammer spring... well, the only place you should see IT is at the bottom of the grip, where it hooks onto it's retaining pin!
Flyer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hammer Spring

Flyer
Thanks for the reply
Don't know how trigger pin came out hammer spring LOL
Do you mean push it all the way in then put a drop of Loc tite on it?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Actually the easiest way would be to put a drop on the pin, then push it in.
It's important that it stay seated properly, because it can cause all sorts of malfunctions if it's too loose, from stopping the trigger from fully traveling to the rear, to completely disconnecting from the trigger axis!
So... knock that puppy up there and make it STAY! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hammer spring

Doesn't want to go in any further..Still 1/8 inch of pin showing. Coud try hitting it with a punch but don't think I want to go that route.
Guess what? Now the ejector fell out..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hammer Spring

PPMD

Nice closeups of the pin.. Mine shows like yours about 1/8 inch showing...Was just getting ready to go down cellar and pound that pin all the way up into the slot.....It probably woul dhave come out thu the barrel..LOL
Thanks...I'll leave it as is

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks for good posting

Great information from you guys. ppmd's pictures clear as a bell and will help a lot of us, including me. Need to knock my pin in a little.
Thanks,
og 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to agree with O.G.

Thanks for the great pictures. I'm going to check mine out and use blue loctite at the first sign of movement. This is a great forum!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
OK, now tell me more about this

OK, you wizards,

I used a tool steel, flat face punch and a tap with a hammer. The pin don't move. Did it twice. No move. It's out maybe 1/8" like Beretta says.

If it don't move what's that mean? OK or not OK.

Answer please.

og :? :?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, if your pistol's working well, I'd say it's nothing to worry about, providing it doesn't loosen further...
Could be it's an overlong pin, or it's not going all the way into the trigger axis. But, since it's working the axis and allowing full trigger travel, I'd say you're ok.
Flyer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: OK, now tell me more about this

oldgranpa said:
If it don't move what's that mean? OK or not OK.

Answer please.

og :? :?
I initially pushed the pin in without Loctite, fired the weapon, and the pin came out again.

Does the gun fire / cycle ok when you dry fire with a snap cap?

ppmd

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Looks OK

OK, thanks all,
I put some calipers on it and it's only 1/8". It just looked more than ppmd's picture at first. I don't think my pin has moved since I bought the pistol.

Another question, why would you ever want to take the pin out? And how would you get it out if ever you have to?

og

·
Registered
205 Posts
in the P-11 there is an access hole in the frame that you can use to push the pin out from the top, but for some reason this hole is not in the frame of P-32's and P-3AT's, so you have to break the plastic trigger to get it apart.

also:
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggerpin.htm
(pics by ppmd)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
OK, and many thanks.

OK, good news. That's one less thing to worry about. Now I'll get ready for the range and be ready when we have another "warm" day.
og :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts