Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P11 S/N is 39xxx. Anyone know if this was in the range of the 10 pounders or the 8.5 pound trigger pulls?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Most likely you've got one of the heavier springs...
It's no problem at all to swap out with a new one from KT, though. Just give 'em a call!
Flyer

·
Registered
345 Posts
Flyer,

I thought they went to the 8.5 lb trigger around 23,000 or so... Still not a bad idea to send it back & get all the updates that followed 32K...

Allan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
birdman,
Yep, that's what I thought too...
But then I got a HC P-11 in the 60,000 range with a ten pound spring! I don't know if someone was just getting rid of the extra springs one every ten pistols, or what...
Needless to say, KT will ship the "Upgrade" spring at no cost, so there's nuthin' to lose.
Flyer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I send it back to them do I just attach a note that says, "Hey can you do all the factory upgrades to this thing!". Or is there something that I should be specifically asking for other than a lighter trigger spring?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I was getting Heavy (Read 357Mag like) recoil from my P-11, but I have had it so long that the increased recoil happened over time. Then one day I was cleaning it and noted that if I held the trigger back the slide would go out of battery with its weight alone! I asked KT for a new Spring set. Got the upgrade kit today and it is like day to night! :D I got the 8.5 Hammer spring, hammer, recoil springs & guide rod, slide release & spring, and new style trigger bar. WOW. What a difference. Here is a pic of the new Recoil Spring Set and the old set. Takin it to the range tomorrow :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts