Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy did I!! :shock:
I successfully fired 8 shots before it jammed. I dropped the mag and the slide went foward. However, now the slide will not move more than say .50 in when I try to rack it back to eject what I thought was a spent cartridge and there's more!!! Methinks there is a live round in the chamber!! :roll:

Don't try wolf in these little beasts!!

Yeah, I know...I did a dumb thing!! :oops:

I guess it's off to the gunsmith!! :cry:

G

·
Had the same thing happen in my Smith and Wesson one time. Mine was a spent case that expanded in the chamber, causing the slide to get stuck. I had to take a wooden dowell and a rubber mallet and bang it out. Sounds like you have the same problem. Good luck and be careful.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
denfoote,
First thing is... CAREFUL!
Remove the assembly pin and pull the slide off the frame, keeping that muzzle in a safe direction.
Use an allen wrench and take the firing pin out... it'll spring back hard when you do, so be ready for that.
Now the danger of an AD is pretty slim, so take out the recoil spring and guide rod, then work the barrel down until the case rim slips free of the extractor and you can remove it. Then put everything back together.
Then...
NO MORE WOLF!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flyer, can I remove the assembly pin without pulling the slide bach??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep! Just push the slide back far enough to remove tension on the barrel lug... about 1/16 inch or so. Barely a nudge to the rear!
Flyer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!!
This will have to wait till I can get back out into the desert, next week. That way, the danger of an AD will be minimized. What tools will I need to bring with me??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Just the right sized allen wrench, a cloth to catch the firing pin as it heads for the North Pole, and maybe a small screwdriver to "coax" the case from the extractor if it decides to be stubborn!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
A friend of mine was telling me just yesterday about how he thought a couple of his guns were defective until he figured out it was the Wolf ammo. Apparently they have no quality control and some rounds have almost no powder at all. He says never again.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re:

rkc2000 said:
They ought to pull Wolf ammo off all the shelves. Have heard nothing but bad from Kel-Tec and Glock owners.
Bite your tongue!!!!
Wolf works just great in my Makarov and SKS!!
I foolishly violated my own rule: Commie ammo for commie weapons!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have tried Wolf in every thing I own. Never even had a FTF or FTE in my guns with Wolf. Guess the 380 ammo is no good by the posts I am seeing here.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
steel case?

Are Yo'all talking about the centerfire stuff made in Russia with steel cases?

I've got some .22LR Wolf made in Germany with brass cases. So far it looks OK.

og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The .22 Wolf is a different story... it's some of the very best rimfire ammo in the world!
Expensive, too... but worth it!
Flyer

·
Registered
205 Posts
love the Wolf match ammo for my .22's and the crap wolf stuff for cheap rounds in my AK, but that is about it...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wolf

yz is right, The Wolf .22 stuff has a brass case and is made in Germany. Not like the centerfire steel case stuff made in Russia. All sites I read say the same thing, steel case Wolf is not reliable.
But rimfire sites have high praise for the Wolf .22.

Flyer, which Wolf .22 are you buying? All the rimfire sites recommend the Wolf Match Target and show it just as good as the more expensive Match Gold. I just bought a brick of the MT from championshooters for $25. This is way less money than something like CCI Green Tag which is considered low cost match ammo.

Good Luck,
og...............who don't use no steel case ammo!! :roll:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, I got some of the Match Target.
Really really good stuff!
Funny... the Russians have always been famous for their .22 target pistols and have some of the very best competitors in the world... maybe the Russian Government stepped in and said "NO WAY!" to low-grade .22 rimfire ammo..
National pride, ya know...
Flyer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts