Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting my new P3AT and enjoying the heck out of it and am new here. Notice that there's a lot of discussion about the hard operation of the slide. I'm getting bionic fingers since I've been messing with this P3AT but I still can't hold the slide open for a long inspection of the breech. I don't know if someone has tried this but I whittled a dummy magazine from wood and added an aluminum plate at the rear that sticks up just enought to catch the breech face and keep the slide open for inspection/cleaning. Don't have a slide catch on the dummy so I just pull back the slide and the dummy mag falls out of the gun when done. Keep this in diddy bag for shop/range. Next, I've got an idea of addind a "pop up" plate to the mag that is a small spring plate that is held down by the last round. When the last round is fed and fired and the slide comes back on the empty mag, this little plate will pop up and catch the slide and hold it open. No more guessing "was it 6 or was it 7"! Any ideas on this would be welcome.

Dick

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I used a wooden ruler whittled down to the proper shape and shoved in through the grip to hold the slide back until I realized you only had to retract the slide a fraction of an inch before you could remove the assembly pin.
As for a slide catch, I've designed a working one of my own... now I'm just waiting to find someone who's willing to produce them in quantity!
Flyer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts