Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any teething problems?

I have a P3AT that has yet to fail. Others haven't been as lucky so when they offer this I am wondering if I am asking for trouble.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Hard chrome won't be available until probably April or so.
Lots of people are in line!
Flyer

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you do the Kel-Tec Hard Chrome exchange you DO NOT get the same slide and barrel back.

I did the Hard Chrome slide and barrel exchange with Kel-Tec for my P-32 and P-11 a couple of years ago. The hard chromed slides and barrels were beautiful but in the case of my P-32 accuracy was off when compared to my original barrel and blued slide combination. (It also seemed that I was somehow undermining the hard chrome benefits when I had to F&B the new hard chromed slides and barrels AFTER they were hard chromed.) The F&B was necessary because the milling marks, etc. were under the hard chrome.

My P-3AT is superbly accurate for such a little lightweight and I will NOT exchange THIS slide and barrel and risk my accuracy and performance. This time I will probably send the slide off to Jack or maybe go to Robar for NP3 and/or Rogard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This time I will probably send the slide off to Jack or maybe go to Robar for NP3 and/or Rogard.
I highly recommend plating by Jack. I've been extremely happy with his work!

Den

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a story some of you may have heard already, but for those of you who have not:

I traded my Ruger P-95 for my P-11 a few years back, but wanted to dress it up. I sent the slide to Jack, and it came back as a work of art. It had that slightly off chrome color that the nickel makes, and really made the gun look nice. Fast forward about 6 months.... the extractor breaks (no fault of Jack's) and I send the gun back to KelTec to have it repaired. I also asked them to do whatever safety updates and such that have come along. Anyway, Cliff decided he needed to replace the whole slide. Since the slide had been modified, technically, they didn't need to do the repair under warranty (imo). But with a great service dept, you get great service!!
Cliff replaced the slide with a chrome one, at no charge to me.
IMO, he upgraded for free something he had no obligation to repair under warranty in the first place. I was impressed to say the least.
By then I had purchased a bone stock P-32 in black. I liked the look of chrome so much, and was treated so well during the P-11 repair, I sent the P-32 slide in for trade for a chrome ( I paid for the upgrade this time).

I have 2 very pretty pistols that function flawlessly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts